Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have the C-Tac and I have to say that I like it. I'm a small guy and I can conceal pretty well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the model you're asking about last year. Comp-Tac was one of the first companies to make a holster for M&P's. This holster is easy to use and comfortable. You will find the paddle attachment makes the gun ride high. The butt of the M&P is right under my rib cage.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies!

Tcaudle, do you prefer the paddle vs the belt configuration?

Also does anyone know if this is IDPA and/or USPSA legal?

I don't shoot competitively yet, but am very interested in doing so.

Problem is that the closest shoot, that I can find, is about 4-5 hours away.

I prefer a belt holster for OWB, but do like the option to go to a paddle.

Also the high ride of the paddle is another favorable point.

I'm basically looking for an OWB Kydex holster for the range, possible competition

shoots and something that I can wear CCW in the cooler months when a jacket is needed.

I'm probably looking at more than one holster here and I always leave that option open. :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have yet to use the belt portion of the holster. I purchased the holster for concealed carry useage. The paddle works very well when you wear a short coat. Recently purchased "The Answer" from Tucker Gun Leather since I did not want to take off the gun when I sat at my desk without a coat on. I simply tuck my shirt over the holster. I would also recomend purchasing a good gun belt to carry any holster you pick.

·
Registered
167 Posts
IAShooter said:
I'm basically looking for an OWB Kydex holster for the range, possible competition shoots and something that I can wear CCW in the cooler months when a jacket is needed. I'm probably looking at more than one holster here and I always leave that option open. :wink:

I started with Comp-Tac's Speed Belt Holster with IDPA competition in mind. It's comfortable, fast, IDPA legal and doesn't ride high. I'd endorse it as an "all around" holster if I had to choose just one. That said, I'm partial to IWB carry so I've decided to go with the Infidel when/if I start carrying the M&P as my primary carry gun.

-Boris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts