MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the S&W website and it appeared to me that the compact isnt available with the night sights from the factory. is this right? I think my next M&P purchase will most likely be a M&P .40C but would like to have night sights on it. Anybody get one from the factory with night sights on it?

·
Registered
559 Posts
The LE version is available only with night sights. The only other difference is that the LE version comes with three mags instead of two.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah its just much easier to not have to send it off to get sights installed on it, thats why I was seeing if it could be purchased with them installed from the factory. Oh well, Im just testing the waters for now anyway. thanks guys

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should be able to find a non night sight compact in the $399-$459 range. Use the $50 rebate to help offset & buy the sights Bowie Tactical sells - I just got some and installed myself. There's a ton of instructional FAQs on here if you search. All you need is some punches and a vise. If you are ok with hand tools and take it slow - you can do them. The sights I received were a good fit and didn't require any further honing - plus the match the profile of the slide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the LE version at my local shop.

I picked up the MP40c LE version at my local shop. Being a LE version, it came with the trijicon night sights and 3 magazines. I paid $569 out the door cash. When I add in the value of the extra magazine and the rebate for $50 plus the two more free magazines I think I did well enough. I am not involved in LE in any way.

The Trijicons are excellent sights. They are bright enough in daylight and are very bright in darkness. They are very similar in intensity to the factory night sights on my XD.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, well thats good to know. I figured being i wasnt a LEO that i couldnt buy this model of the M&P compact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts