MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy two holsters, one IWB and one OWB for my M&P9c. I know there are holsters out there for the full size but I want to be careful as to not get a full size holster that ends up being too deep with the leather. I generally only buy open top leather holsters but have bought leather/kydex before as well. Can someone steer me in the right direction.

Thanks.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the compact M&P and currently use a Galco JAK slide for OWB.It fits the gun perfectly and holds it close to the body.And I use a High Noon Hidden Alley for IWB..That holster is GREAT.Its pretty thin and feels like all you have is the gun tucked inside your pants,it's also a tuckable,so you can tuck your shirt in between the gun and the belt clip.It holds the compact nice and snug(has a tension screw for adjustment).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Galco Jak that is great for OWB...it does ride nice and tight. I would really like a good IWB holster for it. I am thinking of ordering a Tucker Answer...he says that they can make it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a Comp-Tac adjustable cant paddle/belt model for my OWB. Originally purchased it when I purchased my M&P 40 full size. Comp-Tac was one of the few companies that had a holster for M&P's. I recently purchased "The Answer" from Tucker Leather for the full size. It handles my 40 well but I have some issues with the MP9c I purchased. Currently working with Tucker to determine if I should buy a new holster for the 9c.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Answer is designed to fit both full size and compact versions of any model of gun. Rob at Tucker was surprised when I told him my holster's Kydex completely covered the barrel of my full size. If you take a look at all the pictures of the Answer, the barrels extend beyond the Kydex cover. The compact version has a tendancy to slip down a little past the trigger guard. This results in the ejection button being pushed sometimes. The compact is harder to draw with a full grip.

Even with the above concerns, I find the Answer to be a great IWB holster. I can wear it all day with my shirt tucked in and no one can tell I am carrying.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I posted this in another thread here, but will also post it here as it may be of some use for you.

If any of you are looking for a holster for your M&P's, I would like to point you to a man in Florida who does outstanding work(http://kdholsters.com/). Kevin make leather holsters and IMHO, they are a work of art. I emailed Kevin on Sunday asking him if he would be able to make me a holster for the Compact. I got an email Monday morning from him saying that he could. In fact, he had just bought the 9mm Compact. I will be getting one of his Cochise Defenders!! There is a waiting period involved, but what you receive is worth every single day. He made a holster for my Kel tec P3AT. I will post a picture of it.

Ron

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info! I am always worried that with all leather IWB that it will compress when i remove the gun from the holster and make it difficult to reholster....have you had this problem?

What is the wait time for these fine looking holsters?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sporwick said:
Thanks for the info! I am always worried that with all leather IWB that it will compress when i remove the gun from the holster and make it difficult to reholster....have you had this problem?

What is the wait time for these fine looking holsters?

Hi Sporwick, the extra layer of leather around the top of the holster is to keep it from closing up. So far it works great!!

I just went to Kevin's web page and it says that turnaround time is 8-10 weeks. It is a long wait, but like I said, he does awesome work!!

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts