MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Handguns at about 4" or glock 19 size FOR ME are just about the perfect all rounder.

You may not currently be looking to carry but it's nice to have a gun that can go from belt to nightstand and everything in between and do it all reasonably well.

I have the 40c, have a 3" gp100, commander size 1911, sig 229 etc .. except for my 4" model 28 they are all about that midsize service. Just feel faster and my hands seem to envelope them best but ymmv!

With the m&p you could always use the full size mags in the home if those extra couple rounds makes you feel better

·
Registered
131 Posts
My vote would be for the 4 inch compact. It will do everything the full size will just fine. For home defense keep it with a 17 round mag in it. If by chance you ever need / want to carry it, use a 15 round mag and you are good to go.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sold my 4.25 wanted a optic ready with thumb safety . So I ordered the compact (15 shot)
Maybe when I retire and ammo goes back to normal I will
get a long barrel target.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get the full size M&P9 for car, home defense, and personal carry when you can dress around it (suit coat, winter jacket).

Also get a Sig P365 for summer carry.

Works for me.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts