MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I never really cared for Glocks. I don't like how they look, or feel. The grip angle is just too wrong for me, and I don't like how Glocks have the finger things on their grips either. Nice idea, but no thanks. The XD's and M&P's seem better built, are newer designs, and more modern looking than the Glocks. Glocks also do not have interchangeable backstraps which is a great idea.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have both and also have to include a steyr in the mix. I like the steyr over all, but the M&P is growing on me. As what 91 stated all 2 models and the styer & XD have certain things that stick out.

If you have the money buy all 4 ( M&P/glock/xd/steyr ) and try them all out.

fwiw: Once I get some more time in on my M&P I will be ditching my others glocks and if a 45auto more shows up on the horizon, I plan on get one in 45acp.

·
Registered
75 Posts
These plastic framed pistols aren't exactly family heirlooms. I have quite a few guns, most of which cannot be easily replaced. But a Glock or S&W M&P is strictly a tool to me, if I lost or destroyed one I could pick up another one tomorrow and never know the difference.

I have NEVER liked the feel of a Glock, but broke down and bought one earlier this year, a G17. I still don't like the feel of it, and don't shoot it very well. That would probably improve with more practice, but I just don't care for the gun.

Today I bought an M&P 9C, I already like this one. and plan to buy a fuill size 9mm and a .45 when they become available. Time will tell how it shoots for me, but I've already decided that the Glock is for sale.

·
Registered
348 Posts
i have a few glocks, but the m&p is the ONLY one I went out and purchased every one of at the same time, and am getting another one this week just because.

I love this gun.

both of mine are set up for syncopated shooting (left and right mag releases), makes all sort of fun at the range 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry Chili, You're a day late.

I advertised my Glock and sold it locally the same day. I took the money straight to the gunshop and bought a full size M&P 9.

In the past I've owned a G21, a G23, and most recently a G17. I kept trying to convince myself that I needed a Glock, but they just do not fit my hand at all. I'm a revolver man, and I guess I'm spoiled in that I can change grips on my Smith revolvers and tailor them to fit ME.

This new M&P fits like it was made for me. I also have an M&P 9C on layaway that I plan on becoming my CCW gun. If I like it, I'll probably sell my Kahr P9 too, and buy an M&P 45 when they become available.

BTW, both of my M&Ps are the no lock, no mag safety versions. They should only sell the other version in the blue states <G>.

But not to worry, none of my S&W revolvers are for sale, nor will they be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was out and about today and stopped into one firarms store. My department issues Glock 22's as the duty side arm. I am not a big Glock fan due to the fact I do not have large hands and my hands do fit comfortably around the grip frame of the Glock. Also, the angke of the grip frame does not point naturally for me. I also wondered over the Smith & wesson case (which was substantially smaller than the Glock case-go figure) to see if they had any M&P's. They had one. What a world of difference in the feel of it. It fit my hand much better, the trigger was more crisp, and it lined up more naturally than the Glock. It was night and day different. Too bad the department will not let me carry what I want, but for myself I am definately going to get a M&P40 and I am patiently awaiting the M&P45.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you really want to compare the M&P to the Glock, don't forget to ask this same question over on GlockTalk. Both forums are going to have strong opinions... 8)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I won't lie, I've been shooting Glocks and carrying a G19 for my CCW for a long time and I've become very proficient with them. I don't have a problem with the grip angle or the feel of them.

That said I'll be starting my evalution of my new M&P9 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this new handgun and I'll keep you guys posted over on the Range Reports forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
mp91 said:
11.) Can shoot lead and reloads easily.

That is a breakthrough. Virtually every other manufacturer out there advises via the owners manual...."No Reloads!"

Thanks for reporting that. I would have guessed that their manual suggested otherwise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
well, at the top of page 12 of my old m&p 9's owners manual it says"NEVER USE NON-STANDARD,RELOADED OR "HANDLOADED"AMMUNITION". So as far as Smith saying it's ok, i wouldn't think so, but i've never heard of any firearm manufacturer approving the use of reloaded ammunition.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts