MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a competition trigger for my M&P15A, something smooth and quick. What would you recommend?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Send it to me and when I think it feels right I well send it back
:wink:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
RRA Stage 2 match.

Have it in both of my ARs and... WOW

It is quick and smooth, pulls with about 3.5 lbs of force, but this is what I like the most: it is a highly recognizeable 2nd stage: you pull back and it stops (like on the M&P trigger if you hit the safety), and requires just a tad bit of force to fire.

It also has increased pins to keep it in there nice and firm.

ETA: when you come to Houston, if you don't feel comfortable putting it in by yourself, i'll do it with you at the range, so you can tell the difference between the triggers. Heck, we can even take out my ENidine ARrestor and put it in yours to see what you think

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
I have the JP Rifles single stage, it's adjustable and a bit of a chore to install and adjust, but now there are several drop in fire control assemblies available, just pull the pins and drop in a complete set up, JP Rifles has one, as well as Chip McCormick and Timney Triggers now has one as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
While I haven't used other triggers, I'm a big fan of the LMT 2 stage trigger I have. Its very similar to the RRA trigger but one thing thats different is its a little more beefy. when researching at AR15.com I found that a couple of people had that tang break off of their RRA(I mean a 1 or 2 that shoot the hell out of their rifles).

I tried doing a cheap trigger job by changing the springs a little, but it failed to pop the primers when the gun was very dirty.

Jon

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the idea of a complete drop-in trigger, but nearly $300. Should I be looking for something else?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Ok, in order of cost.

RRA 2-stage. (decent trigger for about 90-100)

White oak national match 2 stage trigger (a worked on RRA 2 stage).

JP DIY trigger kit with their lightened hammer (not as nice without the hammer)

chip mc cormick drop in trigger (I love my flat 2 stage to bits. 2.5lbs with enough take up to keep you from doing stupid stuff).

Knights armament 2 stage. (really wouldn't bother unless you have an ar-10)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet, thanks John...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have decided that the CHIP MCCORMICK Drop-In Trigger Module is the one for me however, which do I choose for my M&P15A. The large pin, or the small pin, Brownells has a special running on them now, but I need to know which to order.

Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Morgan,

Is the Brownell's price a special to everyone or via a dealer discount (e.g., if you have your C&R FFL license)? Also, what's the Brownell item number or a link to the item?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts