MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to drop a quick note to say I had purchased a set of the new standard clips from Comptac for my Mtac / Ctac.They are so much better than the old ones.They are thinner for better concealment,more holes for better cant adjustment,and hold on to your belt better.I used to have a problem when driving the holster would be pushed off my belt by my seat.Not now!!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Any chance of a photo?

I have the standard clips but I don't know if they are the old or the new.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless you got them in the past week or so then they are not the new ones.I received mine this past Saturday and they were not on the website yet...but now they are. but here is the pic from their website

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wow that's a lot of holes!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
SCFireFighter said:
Wow that's a lot of holes!

If you use one of the upper holes,you may need to cut off the bottom of the clip so it doesn't go past the bottom of the leather (M-tac) and stick you in the ***.

Looks like a tighter fit over the belt.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Looks like a good improvement. I'm still cold on clips for my carry gear, though. I've had too many kydex clips break when stressed. I prefer snap loops or better yet, a solid loop.

I just got a new holster from fellow forum member luvmy40 (Custom Carry Concepts) which he made to my requested specifications. The entire holster -- the bucket, the shirt guard, and the belt loop -- are all made from one single continuous piece of kydex.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Todd..went to his website...its funny how you learn about difeerent companies on the forums..turns out this person's shop is practically in my back yard.I will have to check his stuff out.Do you have any pics of your holster?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I'm going to knock a few photos out before I go to the range this evening and post them in a separate thread. Sorry for the threadjack ... I've had a number of Comp-Tac holsters and I think their quality and customer service is outstanding.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ToddG said:
I'm going to knock a few photos out before I go to the range this evening and post them in a separate thread. Sorry for the threadjack ... I've had a number of Comp-Tac holsters and I think their quality and customer service is outstanding.

Let me know what you title the thread.I like to check it out...thanks !

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I love my C-TAC and have for over a year now.I wear it every day and use it in IDPA also. I've heard of people breaking the standard clips but I don't see how. My belt is tight enough I dont get much movement from the holster/clips before the gun is out. Maybe I'm lucky but if it can be broke I break it , so I'll keep an eye on them :wink:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Glad to see the new clips are finally available. Not that I needed them though. 8)

tigs40cal said:
I've heard of people breaking the standard clips but I don't see how.
I broke one but only after monkeying around with it while trying to put the holster on discreetly while sitting in the car.

If you treat them properly and understand that they are plastic and are not meant to be bent out from the belt they will last long enough.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
choochboost said:
If you treat them properly and understand that they are plastic and are not meant to be bent out from the belt they will last long enough.

In almost every case where I've seen one break, it's either been because something snagged the gear (holster pouches breaking while practicing car bail-outs ... far too common) or the gear was being torqued during weapons retention training.

The exceptions have been, as chooch said, people (myself included) who get too aggressive taking stuff off and bend the clips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts