MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am looking into purchasing a small "messenger style" conceal carry bag/tote. Does anyone know of a manufacturer? I was thinking about getting a small Tumi sling, but I prefer to have one that's design for conceal carry. I hate to say this, but I'm looking for a "man bag" that I can use to carry my pistol around.

I know it's not the best place to lug your pistol around, but I need it to go hiking. I've seen the fanny bags, and don't like them (too obvious). Any input you have would be greatly appreciate. Please provide a link if possible. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
choochboost said:
I think Maxpedition has one.
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewCa...sp?idCategory=4

slomo said:
I've seen the fanny bags, and don't like them (too obvious)
This one is a little less obvious as far as looking like it contains a weapon yet it can still carry a fullsize auto: http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...&ProdID=902

slomo said:
but I need it to go hiking.
Maybe you'd be interested in this: http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/index.htm

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use the maxpedition fatboy and love it. It's manly and has room for a fullsize handgun, extra magaizine and many other essentials...and yes it's manly. I call it my "murse" (Man-purse) It doesn't resemble much else than a camera bag but is very comfortable to carry and lots of pockets and storage options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
m&Pboomboom said:
I use the maxpedition fatboy and love it. It's manly and has room for a fullsize handgun, extra magaizine and many other essentials...and yes it's manly. I call it my "murse" (Man-purse) It doesn't resemble much else than a camera bag but is very comfortable to carry and lots of pockets and storage options.

I use the fatboy as well and it is a nice piece of gear. I rarely even carry IWB anymore. A lot easier to carry a knife, flashlight, gun, extra mags and other crap with the Fatboy. Well worth the price. I've had a bunch of people in public tell me what a nice camera bag it is.. only if they knew

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
For hiking, if money isn't a huge problem you might want to consider the Camelbak Demon concealed carry hydration pack. Not the fastest access in the world but it's there and one less thing to carry and doesn't scream gun.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vermilion:

Do you have any problem accessing the pistol in the Fatboy? I called Maxpedition and I was told that they have had a few complains about the pistol pouch being a little too small. I have small to medium hands and I plan to marry carry a Sig P229. Do you think I will have any problems with the Fatboy? Or should I get the bigger size?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Get the Maxpedition Jumbo, it's more versatile and accomodate full size service handguns. My Fatboy only fit a Glock 19 or smaller i.e. M&P-C.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I picked up a Maxpediton Fatboy -S (Sinister handed) at the Gwinnet gunshow Saturday. It is a tad tight for a full-size M&P, so right now it's carrying a mii-Glock. I didn't want a bag any bigger than the minimum I could get away with, so it fits my particulars well. The Jumbo would fit a full-size and have room for a few M4 mags in the water bottle pocket.

I also went with the Coyote color, I think it'll blend in better than OG or black once it's had a few miles on it and has lost it's shine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
+1 for the Fatboy Jumo

I also have a Maxpedition Fatboy Jumbo S in the tan color, and love it. A note on the pistol area, my M&P full size fits very nicely, and the pistol holder that Velcros in holds it securely, a Gov. 1911 will have a snug fit. I have found the beavertail will sometimes hang up on the inside of the pocket. The M&P draws smoothly. I took this bag with me to Costa Rica. It survived everything I threw at it, or threw it into. A shot of Nikwax on the outside made it reasonably waterproof. Only gun people like us notice it for what it is. Most people think its just a "murse" or a camera bag. The material its made out of is very tough, something like 1K codura. I'd get another one in a heartbeat. I purchased it from LA police gear, and they treated me very well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I carry a mp40 fullsize and have no real problems to speak of. It draw easily and doesn't bounce around while walking, it fits good and snug. Go with the fatboy, you will like it

·
Registered
46 Posts
sholling said:
For hiking, if money isn't a huge problem you might want to consider the Camelbak Demon concealed carry hydration pack. Not the fastest access in the world but it's there and one less thing to carry and doesn't scream gun.

Definitely an option more people should think about. I have the "Cranberry" colored Demon- as you mentioned it just looks like any other daypack/bookbag amongst the masses. Here in Florida, I take mine along when the weather is hot and I really only want to wear boardshorts, T shirt, and flip flops. Vacationed in Orlando this summer and used it almost exclusively- even in places not particularly gun friendly

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any opinions on the use of a Kelty Redwing 3100 back pack for CC? I've got a lot of points built up at Cabelas and the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) will greatly be assuaged, by going there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I too have been looking for an answer to the same question. One idea that is pretty versitile is The Wilderness Safepacker holster (does not look like a holster at all).

As an alternative, I have been poking around the esstac.com forum, and have talked with some folks there about custom making a bag with an integrated hidden holster...it is pretty similar to the Eagle Ind. LE Messenger bag shown farther up on this thread.

http://store.thewilderness.com/index.php?cPath=51

1 - 20 of 20 Posts