MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About ready to take a class soon ($150) and then apply for the license (another $150) .
With all the restrictions in this state (a lot of places with the no gun sign) is it worth getting it ?

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Considering what most of us spend on trivial items over the course of a month or two that easily adds up to the amount for the class and license, I would say yes, it is certainly is worth it.

However, I personally would never carry a firearm unless I was very proficient with it and was willing and able to train often. Perhaps you could wait another 6-12 months while honing your skills and putting aside the dough for the fees?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your $0.02. Just getting frustrated at the hoops the folks have to go thought to get a license.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Unless you don’t want to have a gun available to you at all; I would get one.

It appears to me carrying past a proper sign is a class B misdemeanor with $150 for the first offense, and a class A for those after. Pay attention to what you are doing. At the very least it allows you to have a gun in your car.

I’ve not been to a class in Illinois, but I would guess they are like most, and focus on the carry laws and the use of deadly force, while not spending much time on shooting, other than a simple test.

On a different note, I spend a lot of time in Illinois. My state of Tennessee recognizes an Illinois carry permit. But Illinois doesn’t recognize ours, or any other state, but 14 states recognize theirs.

My carry permit allows me to have a loaded handgun in my car while in Illinois, but not carry.

Go get your permit. Take a training class on shooting or get with some friends that can help you out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the class and applied online for the concealed carry license. It can take about 120 day to approve in Illinois but what's the average time you folks got yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts