MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Excellent idea.

Have you ever noticed how polite people are when everyone else around is on an equal basis?

Gun crimes seem to gravitate towards "Gun Free" areas, don't they? I can't recall the last time some one went into a police station to gain an everlasting memory, or a gun store in order for their name to be immortalized in the news for a week.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Stranded in Daytona said:
exactly, I posted this in my Volkswagen GTI Forum and I've been defending my opinion for 3 pages, lol

Look: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18061
Looks like you were getting your butt kicked at the beginning, but now you are doing some but kicking of your own.

No guns anywhere=bad guys don't have guns and good guys don't have guns. Impossible, but it is a dream. Bad guys start using swords and the vicious cycle begins again.

No guns on campus=only bad guys have guns to shoot people.

CCW on campus=bad guys have guns to shoot people AND "a few good men" have guns to stop bad guys.

I don't know why people can't see that? It seems pretty logical to me. One thing they need to realize is that we don't want EVERYBODY to have a gun. One is enough.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am with you guys. I was talking wth my wife the other night, realizing that many gun murders happen in "gun free zones"...I guess the cowards realize they will be the only one with a gun.

I also remember reading an article where the author suggested giving a handgun to every woman. His theory is that sexual assaults and other crimes against women would disapear since the attackers would know that that woman likely could protect herself. This is a bit of a stretch, but it is a similar theory to being able to have legally carry guns everywhere.

Crazy liberals may try to make guns illegal all together, but guess what, criminal love that idea since they plan on breaking the law anyway. Poloticians would just take away guns from people so that they could no longer protect themselves from the criminals that have guns illegally.

·
Registered
171 Posts
As do I. I just wanted to add, a fellow firefighter at my station had a shotgun pulled on him last night...while on duty, in uniform, as he came out of the station to provide help, since the guy had just crashed his SUV into three personal cars of the firefighters as well as crashing to a hault into the side of the firestation. Crazy situation, and it shows none of us are ever safe.

I am still in shock that this happend to my brothers.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wow that Golf forum is full of assclownery. I don't even know where to begin. I'm having to restrain from registering over there and going off on them.

Lot's of mis-informed people over there when it comes to guns, CCW, self-protection, people's ages, military weapons training, etc. Let them all keep thinking the way they do until they or someone they love gets killed by someone else - I gurantee their opinions change pretty quickly.

Wait, I'm just an immature 21 year old CWP holding gun carrying military "kid" who doesn't know what damage guns can cause. What do I know, eh?

·
Registered
24 Posts
josh said:
Wow that Golf forum is full of assclownery. I don't even know where to begin. I'm having to restrain from registering over there and going off on them.

Lot's of mis-informed people over there when it comes to guns, CCW, self-protection, people's ages, military weapons training, etc. Let them all keep thinking the way they do until they or someone they love gets killed by someone else - I gurantee their opinions change pretty quickly.

Wait, I'm just an immature 21 year old CWP holding gun carrying military "kid" who doesn't know what damage guns can cause. What do I know, eh?

i am right there with you man. i just had to stop reading and close that window. those people are truly ignorant about what it means to have a CHL. it's funny that most of the people who are "anti-gun" are usually people who have no experience whatsoever with guns. it's hard to support something you have no idea about, but it sure is easy to form an opinion on it... needless to say, i think that the majority of CHL holders know that carrying on your person is a responsibility...almost a burden...not a license to kill. the difficulty lies in making someone who is completely ignorant aware of this idea. several of those people are just as "closed-minded" as they are accusing the pro-gun community of being, the only exception is that they, for the most part, really don't know what they're talking about, and the pro-gun community has quite a bit of experience in dealing with firearms. sorry, i know i am preaching to the choir hear...i just needed to vent after perusing that tripe. i would slander VW Golf owners but i don't want to offend the OP and one of my friends has a Golf...plus i'd hate to start making ignorant, misinformed generalizations :roll:

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I'm borrowing that.

I was a student and my mother works at Westminster college. I visit her often and break their rule every time.

My wife finally saw the light with this shooting and is actually interested in firing a pistol. She wasn't anti, but she never wanted to touch a gun, this is like hell freezing over.

John

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
JESTER

My wife is in the same boat as yours. My rantings around the house may have helped a little too.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My wife finally saw the light with this shooting and is actually interested in firing a pistol. She wasn't anti, but she never wanted to touch a gun, this is like hell freezing over.
That's exciting! I never thought we'd win her over. Having Monica to shoot with should make the transition easier.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
josh said:

Exactly, i bet most of them have never even seen a gun more than twice, let alone shot one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TBomb06 said:
[quote name='josh']Wow that Golf forum is full of assclownery. I don't even know where to begin. I'm having to restrain from registering over there and going off on them.

i am right there with you man. i just had to stop reading and close that window. those people are truly ignorant about what it means to have a CHL. it's funny that most of the people who are "anti-gun" are usually people who have no experience whatsoever with guns. it's hard to support something you have no idea about, but it sure is easy to form an opinion on it... needless to say, i think that the majority of CHL holders know that carrying on your person is a responsibility...almost a burden...not a license to kill. the difficulty lies in making someone who is completely ignorant aware of this idea. several of those people are just as "closed-minded" as they are accusing the pro-gun community of being, the only exception is that they, for the most part, really don't know what they're talking about, and the pro-gun community has quite a bit of experience in dealing with firearms. sorry, i know i am preaching to the choir hear...i just needed to vent after perusing that tripe. i would slander VW Golf owners but i don't want to offend the OP and one of my friends has a Golf...plus i'd hate to start making ignorant, misinformed generalizations :roll:[/quote]

Not all Golf/GTI owners are like that, just a few outspoken retards that buy the bull that is fed to them by the media and Green Day.

·
Registered
910 Posts
When I had my '03 Cobra from 18 until about a month before I turned 21 me and my friend Shawn(Navy guy who had a '03 Cobra as well) hung out with a huge group of VW owners. We liked them 10x's better than the douchebag Mustang/Lightning owners around here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stranded in Daytona said:
[quote name='TBomb06'][quote name='josh']Wow that Golf forum is full of assclownery. I don't even know where to begin. I'm having to restrain from registering over there and going off on them.

i am right there with you man. i just had to stop reading and close that window. those people are truly ignorant about what it means to have a CHL. it's funny that most of the people who are "anti-gun" are usually people who have no experience whatsoever with guns. it's hard to support something you have no idea about, but it sure is easy to form an opinion on it... needless to say, i think that the majority of CHL holders know that carrying on your person is a responsibility...almost a burden...not a license to kill. the difficulty lies in making someone who is completely ignorant aware of this idea. several of those people are just as "closed-minded" as they are accusing the pro-gun community of being, the only exception is that they, for the most part, really don't know what they're talking about, and the pro-gun community has quite a bit of experience in dealing with firearms. sorry, i know i am preaching to the choir hear...i just needed to vent after perusing that tripe. i would slander VW Golf owners but i don't want to offend the OP and one of my friends has a Golf...plus i'd hate to start making ignorant, misinformed generalizations :roll:[/quote]

Not all Golf/GTI owners are like that, just a few outspoken retards that buy the bull that is fed to them by the media and Green Day.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I meant by not making ignorant, misinformed generalizations. Sorry if my sarcasm wasn't too clear

1 - 20 of 33 Posts