MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well does the .45 conceal? does anyone here carry it daily, and if so what kind of body types are you. I am 6' and 180. Is this gun too big for me?

·
Registered
73 Posts
All of the fullsize M&P grip-frames are very similar in size (negligable difference in thickness)... I can conceal my M&P 357 fullsize comfortably under an untucked shirt that is a bit oversize. I am the same height & weight as you.

The 1/4" difference in barrel length will not affect concealability. It'll just take some investigation and trial to find the holster config which fits you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am the same size as you and carry an M&P .45 daily in an OWB holster. What I use can be found here: www.RavenConcealment.com I carry in the Phantom and it is the most concealable OWB kydex I have seen. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 210 lbs. I have a Talon Tactical paddle holster that holds the gun at a 15 degree angle ("FBI cant") close to the body. In winter, I usually use an insulated flannel shirt as a cover garment; during the summer, it's usually a pseudo-Hawaiian shirt from Wal-Mart. I haven't tried the M&P with the shirt yet since I got it about three weeks ago, but the shirt works with a Beretta 92 which has a bigger butt.

·
Registered
307 Posts
45guy said:
I am the same size as you and carry an M&P .45 daily in an OWB holster. What I use can be found here: www.RavenConcealment.com I carry in the Phantom and it is the most concealable OWB kydex I have seen. Very comfortable.

I agree that the Raven concealment holsters are very concealable.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 5'10 145lbs and I carry this gun everyday on and off the clock I can hide it just fine with a OWB or IWB I use both just depends what I throw on, but I don't have to buy bigger clothes or anthing like that. I love this gun!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im 5'8 and 208lbs. I find it fine as far as comfort to carry it in my CompTac MTAC IWB holster, however I have troubles with it printing on almost all of my polo shirts. I will usually opt to carry it only when I am wearing a hoodie or jacket that I know will cover any potential for exposure.

The rest of the time I carry my SA XD 40 SubCompact in the exact same holster, the shorter grip makes it alot easier to conceal.

BTW, I ordered the MTAC for my SA XD 40SC and the extra "interchangeable" holster for the M&P 9/40/45 in the "slide" configuration (open bottom to allow all lengths of the M&P) and found that they are EXACTLY the same Kydex holder.

Well, not EXACTLY but so close that you can secure either the SA XD Service, Compact, Sub Compact or the M&P 9/40/45 with the same kydex holder (not sure about he compact M&P but I dont see why you couldnt).

I was very disappointed and felt quiet decieved by this, I promptly called CompTac and sent the Kydex extra back for a $40 refund. He insisted it was very different and that both guns should not have fit in the same holster, but they refunded my money without question.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have two Comp-TAC M-TAC's and one Comp-Tac C-TAC.

One M-TAC is for my Glocks and One M-TAC is for my M&P's.

I have both the M&P 45 and M&P 40 and can conceal both just fine. My holster rides at about the 4:00 position and it works. As long as you are not into tight clothes you will be fine.

I also carry my Glock 22 in the same manner, and I have the C-TAC for a Glock 21SF that I'm waitng on.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have had the same problem with both the FS 9mm and the .45. For some reason I cannot seem to hide these without them printing under the polo shirts I wear. I have not had this problem with any other pistol I have carried concealed, for some reason my shirt always tucks itself in between myself and the grip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I carry my M&P 40 and 45, as well as my 1911, just behind my hip.

I don't know, never had any carry issues or problems with printing with my Smiths.

I figure if you can find the right holster and the right place to put the guns you can conceal anything. I mean I am 6'0 and 155lbs and there has been only 2 or 3 guns I have ever had trouble concealing in the past.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've been carrying my .45 since i got it on thanksgiving weekend.

I'm 5'9, and 165 pounds, and i wear a size medium t-shirt... i have had no issues whatsoever with concealment, and that's surprising, because it's a fairly big gun.

I've been using Comp-Tac's Pro Undercover IWB, in the 4 o'clock position, maybe halfway to 5 o'clock at times... and this holster is getting the job done perfectly.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Damon said:
I'm just wondering, do most of you carry the 45 with the chamber empty or loaded?

This might sound harsh but why in the hell would you carry a weapon with an empty chamber?????

Oh yea, mine is loaded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
UPSguy said:
[quote name='Damon']I'm just wondering, do most of you carry the 45 with the chamber empty or loaded?

This might sound harsh but why in the hell would you carry a weapon with an empty chamber?????

Oh yea, mine is loaded.[/quote]

I wouldn't carry with an empty chamber. Like I said, I'm just wondering how M&P owners carry.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Damon said:
I wouldn't carry with an empty chamber. Like I said, I'm just wondering how M&P owners carry.

Just like all the other sane CCWers. Loaded to the gills.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Always with one in the pipe. However, I do down load one to save mag springs. {i.e. I load 10 in the mag and then chamber one without topping off the mag.}

·
Registered
464 Posts
With the slide safety on "cocked n locked".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts