MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Warning shots are for stupid people who can't make a decision, dont pull a gun unless you intend to shoot at your target. Its sad, that he will have to pay for his good deed, but I hope their is a lesson learned here for all of us...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Re: Before the deployment

101Combat Vet said:
While in kuwait I attended Guard Force Training and part of EOF (escalation of force) a warning shot to the ground is what we were trained and I have HAD to implement during my deployment which probably saved my life so that is why I reccomend a warning shot to the ground and if that person is unaware of shooting at concrete or other terrain then that person should trade his firearm for a slingshot!!!!

Its a poor lesson, check the Center for Lessons Learned (CALL) for warning shots. Even though we teach them as a tactic, you and I both know no one sees or hears a warning shot, but the surrounding witness's, not the driver or assailant. In fact if I remember from my last live fire at JRTC we abolished warning shots in general for fear ricochet in urban environments. I will have to dig up the AAR comments.

Bottom-line, don't do it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.