MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for fellow enthusiast from the Constitution State. Events, club reviews, and General Discussion.

Unsuccesfull in joining shooting clubs. I have been on a "waiting list" for somers sportsman club for almost 1 1/2 years, and never get any responce from the Enfield Club. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wonder how to get a CT section put up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try checking in at Riverview Sales in East Windsor and try asking them for any insight on local clubs. There is one in South Windsor near the river but thats about all I know. Hartford Gun Club has openings but its a bit pricey. I live in Granby and travel 20 min. north to Southwick, MA where I joined Agawam Revolver Club for $100/yr. Its a no frills kind of place but I never have to wait for a lane indoors or out. Best of luck.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Try checking in at Riverview Sales in East Windsor and try asking them for any insight on local clubs. There is one in South Windsor near the river but thats about all I know. Hartford Gun Club has openings but its a bit pricey. I live in Granby and travel 20 min. north to Southwick, MA where I joined Agawam Revolver Club for $100/yr. Its a no frills kind of place but I never have to wait for a lane indoors or out. Best of luck.

I'm with you, I just joined Agawam Rev. we're lovin it. Also joined S&W range, that's a great place to shoot. Not sure about the laws for bringing your guns over the border though.... Dave at Riverview can definitely help..

Jack C.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much appreciated. I think I will definetly check it out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have to get a MA permit to carry? I hear it is not that easy for us out of staters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you have to get a MA permit to carry? I hear it is not that easy for us out of staters.

I don't CCW to the range. I stopped in the Southwick PD and asked them about how to legally transport to and from the range and they told me as long as my ammo is seperate from my firearms and they are locked in a trunk/rear of truck etc. that I wouldn't have any issues. I take it one step further and cable lock my pistols during transport. It's a bit of a PITA but it's worth it to shoot on the cheap at a decent club.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't bring your hand guns into Mass. READ...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin...for-competition

Unless your in a "real" competition, hunting or a collector.

I went straight to the source of where I could have a problem, the Southwick, MA police department which is the town that my club is located in. The instructed me on how I should transport to and from the range so IMHO if thats good by them then thats what I'll do. Southwick is on the CT/MA border so it's the only town I have to deal with in MA.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you're anywhere near the Bridgeport Shooting Range, I'd recommend it. They're good to deal with, it's a decent indoor range and if you become a member at something like $135 annually, it's $10 per trip. It gets a little crowded on weekends, but in my experience they do a good job keeping things safe. They also offer some classes that are worthwhile.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mattabassett in berlin is a good one as is southington's behind the community college. there is also a club in meriden (.22s only) and they all seem to have short waiting lists.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why is CT left out of the northeast section? I know our state sucks, but it would be nice to at least talk about the places that we do have here with other members from this crappy state. At least we can cc, and there actually are some decent ranges and gunstores here. Is there some way to make this happen??

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I would PM Jester or a Mod & ask the ? about a sub-forum for Ct.

Now shall we talk about crappy & states that SUCK, I think Mass may be in the running.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ramapoo gun club in Ridgefield is a good outfit. There are restrictions on general range use... no shooting less than 50 ft and you need to use bullseye targets. However, they do run action pistol matches every Wednesday night.

Another +1 for Bridgeport Shooting Range. Weekends are crazy-crowded but if you're a member you go to the head of the line. They do lots of training there, as well. They also hold IDPA matches and other events.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am an MA resident. I travel into Connecticut often. How does one go about getting a CCW permit in Connecticut? I have found things on Google but nothing official looking. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts