MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have H&Ks and Glocks and finally got to handle a M&P at my local gun store. I was VERY impressed by the ergonomics and the aesthetics. The grip with the medium back strap felt perfect. It also felt good not to have my finger approach the trigger at such a downward angle causing the bottom of my finger to press against the trigger guard as is common with the Glock design. I don't experience this with my USPc but then there is the high bore axis to contend with. I think the merits of getting the bore as close to the firing hand as possible are many and Smith & Wesson obviously recognized this.

I do have reservations however and that is the primary reason for this post. My concerns are regarding the use of roll pins in the polymer frame and the fragile appearance of the hinge point on the trigger. Has anyone experienced, or heard of these two points being prone to fatigue or breakage? Another concern is ease of complete disassembly, it looks complicated. Last question is regarding the sear reset, is there any way to make it more obvious? My Glock with it's New York spring just snaps as it resets making the reset very obvious.

Any input regarding these concerns would be appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Mtn_77 said:
My concerns are regarding the use of roll pins in the polymer frame and the fragile appearance of the hinge point on the trigger. Has anyone experienced, or heard of these two points being prone to fatigue or breakage?
No.

Another concern is ease of complete disassembly, it looks complicated.
It's not. Field strip is easy and the locking block assembly and sear assembly pull right out. Complete disassembly of those parts are not too difficult, but how often do you do that?

Last question is regarding the sear reset, is there any way to make it more obvious?
Yes.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think my M&P is easier to take down then my Glocks. Roll pins work well! Trigger job can be done without buying any parts and offers a reset better than my Glocks! Buy with confidence. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I got the opportunity to fire a M&P9 full size at the range a few days ago, very impressive pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts