MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the oportunity to grab a full size M&P9 with a MPA07XX S/N. Is that too early of a S/N to be an every day carry? What updates/upgrades will I be missing and what problems can I expect?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Tsquare said:
I have the oportunity to grab a full size M&P9 with a MPA07XX S/N. Is that too early of a S/N to be an every day carry? What updates/upgrades will I be missing and what problems can I expect?

I'd say buy it if the price is right, run some rounds through it and if you have any problems call S&W for their wonderful CS.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i would agree...if you can pick it up for a great price, then snatch it up. if you do ever have problems with it, is has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I carry a MPA4xxx every day the only "update" I did was to replace the slide stop. Now it has a lot of other work done to it but it still has the original striker and other internals.

it also has a boatload of rounds through it without a problem.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
My MPA XXXX and MPB XXXX 9MM and .40 have 5000 rounds + each and still work flawlessly.

:twisted:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Tsquare said:
So can I just call S&W and give them the S/N and they will send me a new slide stop??

Maybe. They might prefer you send it in and have it installed but they would still pay for shipping both ways.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Tsquare said:

I would just get a new one. From what I have read here, there have been some issues with the earlier models.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought a new 9mm with the MPX serial number and put my 500 th round through it this weekend and have had no problems. I love the way this gun shoots.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts