MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank goodness for fate. I was this close to getting an XD subcompact (.40), when I had a brief opportunity to try the M&P compact. What a difference. The XD was jumping around, it took forever to regain sight picture, and that stupid little trigger safety kept irritating my finger tip. Now, I can't wait to actually be able to buy the M&Pc. Everybody around here (Western Washington) is sold out of them. I have one on order with a shop that offers a nice LE discount; $395 plus tax and shipping, for a total of around $444. I will be using the compact as a backup to my Baretta 96D (others in my department have been having theirs break at an alarming rate), and of course as a primary 'fun' gun

I'm looking forward to getting a lot of great info from the site!

Seattle, WA

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
welcome and congrats on your decision on going with the MP!! Let us know how it goes, and rememebr to post some pics in the gallery section of the forum!!!

Have a good one!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats, and ParkPoPo if you dont mind me asking what is breaking on the Berrettas 96D anyway. Thought the Berrettas had a pretty good track record.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
targetsup said:
Congrats, and ParkPoPo if you dont mind me asking what is breaking on the Berrettas 96D anyway. Thought the Berrettas had a pretty good track record.

Thank you all for the welcome notes. I am not a gunsmith by any stretch, but I believe what was happening was a hairline crack was developing on a little arm near the hammer. I'll see if I can post a pic.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a picture of where the Beretta's (96D Centurion) have been cracking.

The crack usually appears just below the top of the grip. On most of the one's with cracks, you can't see it until you take the grips off. Also, I went to the range today and occasionally my trigger wouldn't reset. The arm going from the trigger to the hammer (along the side, directly above the trigger on the pic) started to "walk out" and created tension so the trigger could not reset. We replaced the spring, but after about 75 rds it started doing it again. So for now, I get a replacement gun, but I tell you, I WILL be carrying my .40c once I get it (hopefully Monday!) for a backup gun.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to mention that the .40's were built on the 9mm frame, and apparently the extra force, over time, has created a lot of problems with these guns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts