·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't call it quite enough information to do a trouble free complete disassembly but it's educational.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I know....bad joke :?
Was a pain in the arse to say the least, had to take it to my gunsmith bvuddy and get some much needed help.

sholling said:
I wouldn't call it quite enough information to do a trouble free complete disassembly but it's educational.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
WOW great video that almost makes me consider an m&p 45 over a 1911 theres a lot of pieces :wink:

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
that almost makes me consider an m&p 45 over a 1911 theres a lot of pieces

While I'm the last person to advocate a 1911 over an M&P (or over a Beretta, Glock, SIG, sharp stick, voodoo magic, etc.) it was a detail disassembly of the 1911 compared to the field strip we normally think of with the M&P. The M&P actually has quite a few little parts itself. Then again, so does the Glock if you really tear it down into all its individual pieces instead of just the pre-assembled components.

You want complicated? Take apart a P7 (which I've witnessed but would never attempt) or the decocking lever mechanism on a Beretta 92G (which we used to describe as "requiring three hands and a small boy" to accomplish).

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
101Combat Vet said:
WOW great video that almost makes me consider an m&p 45 over a 1911 theres a lot of pieces :wink:
A field strip on a 1911 is about the same as an M&P except that the recoil spring isn't captive and you pop the slide stop out instead of flipping a lever. The M&P actually gives me more grief. The darn M&P disassembly lever tries to turn as the slide goes forward for removal locking things up solid if I'm not careful.

·
Registered
434 Posts
animation is good and makes strippin look simple (all flying in antigravity) but some tiny parts like sear and disconnector are a bit tricky and could get one in trouble. here's one detailed and informative 1911 stippin demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bh6K5rNenc

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Its kind of like the M&P animation but a lot more detailed and complicated. Very cool to watch. How do these guys make this sort of stuff?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts