MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone....

i have a 5 inch Pro CORE 40 that I'm having some difficulty chooseing the correct red dot for. i tried two and can't seem to get it too zero or co-witness for that matter. any suggestions would help me a great deal! i would like to set this gun up for some steel matches thanx in advance for the info

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Welcome!

Vortex Viper bolts right on and allows co witness with the iron sights.

Vortex Optics - Viper Red Dot

I had a Vortex Venom on my CORE and it was a great red dot but was too high to co witness with the iron sights, not the end of the world, but its always nice to have a back up if the battery craps out at the wrong time. When Vortex introduced the Viper that will co witness I ordered one of those, and the old one will get moved onto something else.

·
Registered
209 Posts
the JPoint /shield mini sight that comes with these (as an option) co witnesses nicely.
I just recently took delivery of a PC 9L core that came with one of these installed and it zero-ed in very nicely.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello everyone....

i have a 5 inch Pro CORE 40 that I'm having some difficulty chooseing the correct red dot for. i tried two and can't seem to get it too zero or co-witness for that matter. any suggestions would help me a great deal! i would like to set this gun up for some steel matches thanx in advance for the info
The Shield RMS works fine on my CORE. Discounted at LoneWolf.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Unless you can lock down the rear set screws the emitters will go out of alignment after the first mag is run though. Had to send mine back to vortex for warranty repair.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
For those that want to see a decent review on the Shield RMS
I know i knowww, its mounted on a glock and this is a M&P forum, but we`re reviewing the sight not the gun.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Shield RMS may be the hottest reflex sight going right now. Basically a metal J-point, which is the lightest MRDS available that can take heavy recoil and keep on ticking. We've been using J-points on rifles, pistols (rear sight replacement), and shottys for 10+ years, especially on 3-gun competition guns. Only complaint is I feel the need to protect the fiber reinforced plastic from even light impact (e.g., tossing the shotgun into a 50 gal drum), for the extra $100 a Shield RMS alleviates some of that concern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts