MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried ... I really did .... but the addiction is just too damn great :twisted:

Picked up my M&P45 SKU109006 (frame + mag disconnect safety)

Took me awhile to find it, the only SKU numbers I had were LE models, even Smith didn't give me this SKU when I called them. Had to call out to CA to some shop out there asking about the 45 seeing as how it has to have the mag disc out there (granted none of the shops out there seemed willing to do an out of state FFL transfer). One of the shops gave me the SKU they sell and my local dealer was able to get it for me, it's probably one of the only 45's outside CA with the mag disc (at least for now.

Anyway, the finish on it isn't that bad ... I had expected worse from what I've read. The slide has a few spots on the bottom where the finish has worn off and it's a nice shiny silver but you can't see any of it until you take it apart. The top of the slide has a few "light spot" but it not really noticable, a thin coat of gun lube buffed in and it blends in completely. The barrel has a nice shiny silver feed ramp as well, plus you can see small "scratches" in the finish just from wiping it down when cleaning it ... but again not too bad and that's probably the worst of it. The take down lever & extractor match the slide perfectly, the slide stop lever is good as well but one side appears as if it has a gold tint to it.

I've only put 200 rounds thru it so far though, gonna try to get back to the range this weekend. All's I can say is big gun make big boom
I like it, definatly worth the $$$ spent. I just don't know what I like more now .. my M&P 40 or 45. I'd though there'd be more recoil to it but I honestly think it's tamer then the 40. Guess I need to shoot a few hundred round thru both side by side to find out ... o the horror

I will say this though, I had thought about sending the 40 off for a trigger job once I got the 45 but I've grown use to the 40's trigger. I'm gonna wait till I have at least 1K round thru it but if it doesn't ease up the 45's goin first for sure. The pull on the 45 is a lot heavier then the 40 is, that's about the only thing I can say I don't like so far.

Now all's I need is more mags ..... 2 just ain't enough.

Not too bad for a first time out with it, kept putting a new piece of paper over the same spot ... this is the end result.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
GRATS!!!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
were you using 12 gauge birdshot?????

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dan Burrell has posted that the M&P 45's have a slightly different trigger (trigger bar I think) and the let off weight is higher than that of the 9MM and 40's. While he can normally get a 9MM down to around 3.5 lbs, he says 4.5lb is the average for the 45 ACP.

Only S&W knows why they changed the trigger bar. I believe the sear is the same, but I could very easily be incorrect. Why a 45 would need a heavier pull weight than a 9MM I do not know.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Zippy,

Save yourself the grief and a lot of ammunition. Send

that .45 to Dan and ask him to do the trigger. When the gun

comes back, every time you pull the trigger you will think

you died and went to heaven. The cost is minimal.

Zeke

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZB338 said:
Zippy,

Save yourself the grief and a lot of ammunition. Send

that .45 to Dan and ask him to do the trigger. When the gun

comes back, every time you pull the trigger you will think

you died and went to heaven. The cost is minimal.

Zeke

I was going to but already dropped it off at a local gunsmith ..... gonna pick it up tomorrow
I downloaded & printed the tirgger job PDF file to go over it with him but he didn't need it, he'd worked on glocks which are pretty much the same and knew what had to be done (unlike the first guy i took it too who's first reaction was "i don't think there's anything I can do to help you" .... he might have thought the gun was missing the hammer or something :roll: )

101Combat Vet said:
were you using 12 gauge birdshot?????

Now wouldn't that be interesting to see
I was just using the same piece of cardboard/target and just plut new targers over the same spot. 200 rounds later that's what it looked like when it was all removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts