MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the end of next week, both the M&P Store and the i-SHOT store will have CR Speed belts and VERSA mag pouches available. That said, I've been fooling around with the VERSA mag pouches and even though it is supposed to be universal, I think I found a slightly better solution to holding an M&P mag in one.

Each VERSA pouch comes with 3 shims; one for the wide body mags, one for Glock mags and the last one for mags from a Beretta to a CZ. Unfortunately the body of the M&P mag falls somewhere between that of the Glock and the Beretta. Since both the latter 2 shims has a smaller contact area, I opted to work with the larger shim meant for the STI mags.

What worked for me was an additional shim out of close cell foam (EVA foam) that I placed between the larger STI shim and the mag pouch (see photo below). I cut it to size and added pressure gently when screwing the shim in. I inserted the M&P mag and it had a nice hold. To tweak the hold, all I had to do was play with the Tension Adjuster in the back.

I'm gonna keep testing this setup out for the next few days and if it holds, we'll package these close cell foam shims with the VERSA pouches for those who need 'em for the M&P.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Those look great, but what size belt do they fit, 1.5" seems to be the standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts