MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a crimson lasergrip, and if so do you like it? Does it still fit in a typical duty holster?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just installed mine about 5-6 days ago and I love it... really shows me how much I wobble around and has helped me become significantly more steady already.

They would fit in any standard holster, as you can barely even notice them on.. the grip size basically remains the exact same as before.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rajuabju said:
I just installed mine about 5-6 days ago and I love it... really shows me how much I wobble around and has helped me become significantly more steady already.

They would fit in any standard holster, as you can barely even notice them on.. the grip size basically remains the exact same as before.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I'm really considering buying one, but I always want to talk to someone who has one!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have the CT for my 45, it fits just fine in my Comp-Tac Minotaur holster. It also fits just fine in my Blackhawk level 2 holster.

If you need level 3 retention, I have non experience...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tsix said:
I have the CT for my 45, it fits just fine in my Comp-Tac Minotaur holster. It also fits just fine in my Blackhawk level 2 holster.

If you need level 3 retention, I have non experience...

Thanks, I believe I am going to go with a level 3. I appreciate the info.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rajuabju said:

Did the laser active with normal pressure being applied to the grip, or was it awkward to activate?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed the grips on my M&P 40 two weeks ago. The gun fits easily into my Tucker Gunleather "Answer". The laser pops on just as soon as I grip the weapon. No messing arround attempting to find the on button like laser max. You can turn the laser off if you like. There is also good news for all the owners of M&P compacts. Crimson Trace is scheduled to release the grips for M&P compacts March of 2008. I will be purchasing three, one for my daughter, wife and myself.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I've used them on my Glocks for some time now and I've always been indifferent. Then last week I got a set for my M&P and I love them! The 660 has an on/off switch which the Glock does not have and they simply replace the backstrap. It's like the two were designed together.

I won't own an M&P without a set from this point forward.

·
Registered
60 Posts
jsargent42 said:
[quote name='rajuabju']I just installed mine about 5-6 days ago and I love it... really shows me how much I wobble around and has helped me become significantly more steady already.

Did the laser active with normal pressure being applied to the grip, or was it awkward to activate?[/quote]

It activates flawlessly. You dont even need to think about it (nor do you notice it at all). Just grip as you normally would and it activates. Really a great product. I'm no gun expert, but I would highly recommend the CT's to anyone.

·
Registered
527 Posts
sphpkr said:
Gunblast did a review on CT on an M&P recently.

http://www.gunblast.com/CrimsonTrace-LG660.htm

The interesting little side note that one can see when reading this article is that the editor of GunBlast, Jeff Quinn, has basically replaced his Glock with his S&W M&P as his self-defense gun..

That is a pretty good endorsement, from someone who can pretty much select any handgun that he wants.

Lance

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds like what I would want to get. One problem I use the small grip and that article says it is the size of the medium. I got small hands and that's what drew me to the M&P. I guess one can hope for a small size.

·
Registered
231 Posts
IWB problems?

Would there be any problems with an IWB application using a M&P 45 w/ CTC??

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Can't speak for the M&P45 in particular, but I've been carrying my M&P9 with CTCs for the past ten weeks without problem. I suppose it could depend on the holster, but I've been carrying various guns (Berettas and SIGs) with Lasergrips in IWB holsters for most of the past ten years.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: IWB problems?

MPshooter said:

Hey bro., wish I could tell you, but I'm not sure. I'm going to get me a set soon I hope.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Re: IWB problems?

MPshooter said:

I haven't had any. This CTC'd M&P45 is at my 4 o'clock IWB all day long:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts