MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Has anybody heard/have any updates about the release of the laser grips? I'm really on the edge of my seat about this. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
This looks to be much more nicely integrated than the slapped-on-the-back design for Glocks...

I assume the M&P grip that they use is the "medium" size (?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Bam159 said:
Im glad someone brought this up..how do you shooters feel about lazer sights in shooting?


I think I'd like a set; however, not at $329.00 !!



I can't understand why laser grips are so expensive -- you can buy laser pointers and laser levels, basically the same electronics, for peanuts compared to grips.



Yes, I realize that there are development, tooling, and other sunk costs, but I'd think a WHOLE lot more product would be sold if the costs were reasonable. Sounds like CT thinks they developed these for the government! Shades of $20K toilet seats! :roll:



If there are some great differences in the electronics between laser pointers/levels and laser grips, I am willing to be educated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
csprick said:
[quote name='Bam159']Im glad someone brought this up..how do you shooters feel about lazer sights in shooting?


I think I'd like a set; however, not at $329.00 !!



I can't understand why laser grips are so expensive -- you can buy laser pointers and laser levels, basically the same electronics, for peanuts compared to grips.



Yes, I realize that there are development, tooling, and other sunk costs, but I'd think a WHOLE lot more product would be sold if the costs were reasonable. Sounds like CT thinks they developed these for the government! Shades of $20K toilet seats! :roll:



If there are some great differences in the electronics between laser pointers/levels and laser grips, I am willing to be educated.[/quote]



I just traded a brand new 40c to a guy on here for a Bersa 380 and I've been looking for new grips, and stumbled on the following thread: http://bersatalk.com/forums/2/23381/ShowThread.aspx Guy made his own carbon fiber lasergrip. He'll make them for anyone, but he too charges that magical $300. Guess you gotta be willing to pay if you can't make it yourself. It sucks, but that's how it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
I suppose you could use some type of injection-molded system with commercially available parts. It might not be as aesthetic, but it can be just as functional.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
josh said:
[quote name='csprick'][quote name='Bam159']Im glad someone brought this up..how do you shooters feel about lazer sights in shooting?


I think I'd like a set; however, not at $329.00 !!



I can't understand why laser grips are so expensive -- you can buy laser pointers and laser levels, basically the same electronics, for peanuts compared to grips.



Yes, I realize that there are development, tooling, and other sunk costs, but I'd think a WHOLE lot more product would be sold if the costs were reasonable. Sounds like CT thinks they developed these for the government! Shades of $20K toilet seats! :roll:



If there are some great differences in the electronics between laser pointers/levels and laser grips, I am willing to be educated.[/quote]



I just traded a brand new 40c to a guy on here for a Bersa 380 and I've been looking for new grips, and stumbled on the following thread: http://bersatalk.com/forums/2/23381/ShowThread.aspx Guy made his own carbon fiber lasergrip. He'll make them for anyone, but he too charges that magical $300. Guess you gotta be willing to pay if you can't make it yourself. It sucks, but that's how it goes.[/quote]





Hope you have better luck with that Bersa than my buddy. My buddy bought one new, and from the get go he had nothing but problems. At least one FTF in every mag, some FTE's and the decock switch broke. He switched mags, cleaned it everytime and lube it according to the book and still had problems. He took it back to where he bought it and they said it was a spring problem in both of his mags and he should underload it by 1 or 2 rds every time to save the spring. From what the stores gunsmith said, Bersa factory springs do this somewhat often. I dont know how true that is, I'm sure you can find out on the bersatalk forum. But my buddy had so many problems that when he got it back from the gunsmith he traded it in for a S&W 642 because he didnt trust the 380 anymore. I might add that he tried many different types of ammo as well, and none made a difference. So be sure to run yours through the paces and make sure you're happy with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,555 Posts
A Bersa for a MP?

DixieThunder 24 said:
[quote name='josh'][quote name='csprick'][quote name='Bam159']Im glad someone brought this up..how do you shooters feel about lazer sights in shooting?


I think I'd like a set; however, not at $329.00 !!



I can't understand why laser grips are so expensive -- you can buy laser pointers and laser levels, basically the same electronics, for peanuts compared to grips.



Yes, I realize that there are development, tooling, and other sunk costs, but I'd think a WHOLE lot more product would be sold if the costs were reasonable. Sounds like CT thinks they developed these for the government! Shades of $20K toilet seats! :roll:



If there are some great differences in the electronics between laser pointers/levels and laser grips, I am willing to be educated.[/quote]



I just traded a brand new 40c to a guy on here for a Bersa 380 and I've been looking for new grips, and stumbled on the following thread: http://bersatalk.com/forums/2/23381/ShowThread.aspx Guy made his own carbon fiber lasergrip. He'll make them for anyone, but he too charges that magical $300. Guess you gotta be willing to pay if you can't make it yourself. It sucks, but that's how it goes.[/quote]





Hope you have better luck with that Bersa than my buddy. My buddy bought one new, and from the get go he had nothing but problems. At least one FTF in every mag, some FTE's and the decock switch broke. He switched mags, cleaned it everytime and lube it according to the book and still had problems. He took it back to where he bought it and they said it was a spring problem in both of his mags and he should underload it by 1 or 2 rds every time to save the spring. From what the stores gunsmith said, Bersa factory springs do this somewhat often. I dont know how true that is, I'm sure you can find out on the bersatalk forum. But my buddy had so many problems that when he got it back from the gunsmith he traded it in for a S&W 642 because he didnt trust the 380 anymore. I might add that he tried many different types of ammo as well, and none made a difference. So be sure to run yours through the paces and make sure you're happy with it.[/quote]



I can't imagine anyone trading a MP 40c for a Bersa Thunder 380! Hope you got some money to boot. I have a Bersa T. 380 that is a excellent little pistol but not even close to a MP of any kind. My Bersa required a short break in period with a few minor problems but after that it has been perfect. If you want to trade another MP for it I'll be glad to do so.

My wife has a Wather PPK/S with custom grips. We have been talking recently about selling both 380's since we seldom shoot either anymore. Ammo for 380 is much more expensive than 9mm and not as much fun to shoot besides we both have S & W snubbies (442 & 642) as light weight carry weapons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
Crimson Trace Grip Size

Xfactor said:
This looks to be much more nicely integrated than the slapped-on-the-back design for Glocks...

I assume the M&P grip that they use is the "medium" size (?)


They advised me it would be between Med. & Large
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I recieved mine last Friday. Packaging and documentation is superb. Fit and finish is excellent. The stippling is an exact match to that utilized by S&W elsewhere on the polymer frame. The grip is about the same size as the medium insert but also utilizes some wrap in the beavertail area- like the large insert. I believe CTC did this to help stabilize/strengthen the laser mount. My only grumblings to date are as follows: 1) My standard grip with finger off the trigger places my strong hand index finger on frame which blocks the laser. I'm having to recondition myself to place my finger on the trigger guard instead. On the plus side, blocking the laser can be utilized to verify sight picture alignment by presenting the firearm, aquiring sight picture, then shifting finger to trigger. If everything is correct, the laser will appear on target at top of front sight post. Blocking the laser could also be beneficial for light management purposes. 2) I have smallish hands and I must shift my grip slightly and exert a little more pressure that usual to activate the laser. This appears to be the result of the location of the pressure switch right below the beavertail. This placement requires the web of my hand for activation. If the on/off switch and pressure switch locations could be swapped I would be much happier. Again, nothing that a bit of training cannot overcome. This product has my highest recommendations- it truly is remarkable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
If any of you are NRA instructors or coaches they give you a 40% discount if you order from Crimson Trace direct. Its truly a great product...I hope they reconsider making one for the compacts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,062 Posts
Punisher10mm said:
My only grumblings to date are as follows: 1) My standard grip with finger off the trigger places my strong hand index finger on frame which blocks the laser. I'm having to recondition myself to place my finger on the trigger guard instead.
Yeah, that's why CT would never work for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
LG-660 officially shipping as of today
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top