MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my crossbreed ... factory setup is comfortable ... but I can't get a good grip on pistol grip (like I can with the CTAC) ... there are lots of adjustments on this thing ... for those who have already experimented with them ... what setup works best for getting a good grip on the pistol grip ... while retaining comfort and pistol security ... I like the comfort of the leather backing ... but need to make it work for drawing ... with the flat base mag ... which is how I like to carry it ... thanks ... John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After studying this thing last night I can see that cutting leather is the only way to make it work ... thanks for the reference thread showing this done ... think I will change the clips also ... never worked with leather before ... what's the best thing to use to cut it ... and smooth it out with after the cutting ... looking forward to getting this crossbreed customized to work well ... John

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
A sharp pair of scissors and a sharpie is my recommendation, that is if your holster is black. Cut it to your liking and then black sharpie for an uncut appearance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made the surgical cut last night ... removing some leather helps ... the grip is still not as good as CTAC holster ... and re-holstering also not as good ... but it is comfortable ... time will tell which of the two will win my loyalty ... John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update ... I am using the CTAC again ... after trying the crossbreed in several configurations and after cutting the leather around the grip area ... why ... the draw and re-holstering with the CTAC is far superior ... the crossbreed is more comfortable ... but I like the click I get when the CTAC takes the M&P40c ... secure ... I can get my hand firmly on the grip ... without having to change the grip after removing from the holster ... I have not tried taking a cutter to the crossbreed plastic yet ... to remove material near the trigger guard ... so you can get a proper grip on the pistol grip ... may try that ... also the CTAC is much easiler to snap on the belt and off ... so the search continues to find the perfect holster ... oops ... guess there is no such thing ... but it's all part of the process I guess ... how do others feel about the drawing and re-holstering with the crossbreed ... maybe there is a modification I have missed ... thanks ... John

·
Registered
65 Posts
I found the same thing with my Crossbreed for my Kahr. That's why I sold it. I stick with the Comptac C.T.A.C. in kydex and the Milt Sparks VM2 in leather on some pistols.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts