MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
CaesarAugustus72 said:
Has anyone tryed either one these models? The SuperTuck or Standard IWB

Looking at trying one them.

I've not tried them, but I have seen plenty of pictures and am on the record elsewhere as stating that they look like shoddy rip-offs of the Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" holster. If I was going to spend the money, I'd spend the extra $50 and get Tucker's rig instead. From what I hear, the wait is about the same on both of them anymore and Tucker's stuff looks 100x better.

Looks may not be everything, but sometimes looks indicate quality.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Crossbreed holster for my Model 60 with 3" barrel. It's comfortable, it conceals the revolver, and the draw is fast. I ordered one for my MP .40 C a few days ago.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Forgive me if a newbie with three post behind his belt chimes in but I OWN both Tucker and Crossbreed (CB) holsters - 2 Tucker Texas Heritages and 3 CB Supertuck and 3 CB Qwik Clips for different guns. No, the CB is not up to the same construction standards as the the Tucker but nor is it as expensive. And while the CB won't win any beauty contests, they are extremely functional and hold up well. As for comfort, the CB SuperTuck is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever owned and it becomes more comfortable the more you wear it.

Photos don't cut it when it comes to holsters. You've got to wear them and decide for yourself. But the what the heck. Shown is a CB QwikClip with an XD45-C (sorry about that
)

·
Registered
168 Posts
My observation on the CB holsters is that the leather is not trimmed where it could be. Understanding that the leather helps in keeping shirts from getting re-holstered, there still seems to be an excess of material which gives the impression that they are not very thought out. They just don't look as clean as Tuckers. It shouldn't add to the price to tweak the design somewhat. All that said, I've never worn either, so the CB could be the sweetest rig going. I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bloodnut said:
My observation on the CB holsters is that the leather is not trimmed where it could be. Understanding that the leather helps in keeping shirts from getting re-holstered, there still seems to be an excess of material which gives the impression that they are not very thought out. They just don't look as clean as Tuckers. It shouldn't add to the price to tweak the design somewhat. All that said, I've never worn either, so the CB could be the sweetest rig going. I'll shut up now.

Trust me on this Blood. I wear them (the CBs) regularly. They are trimmed fine for easy/rapid presentation. The CB Qwik Clip was recently re-cut to allow an even faster presentation (the one above has the top further relieved). I have yet to find any IWB holster that provides a quicker release than the CBs. Don't go by photos. As I said, you have to wear these things - not for a hour or two but all day, every day.

Below is Tucker Texas Heritage (not the Tucker Answer which is closer in design to the SuperTuck but you get an idea of the quality) and a CB SuperTuck, their best seller.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had one for a Kahr 9 and didn't like it for two reasons. First, the leather was just too big and not trimmed right to allow quick presentation of the weapon. Second, Because the leather is so large, it causes irritation of the skin, even through a t-shirt, when worn all day. I sold mine.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Kraigster414 said:
[quote name='Bloodnut']My observation on the CB holsters is that the leather is not trimmed where it could be. Understanding that the leather helps in keeping shirts from getting re-holstered, there still seems to be an excess of material which gives the impression that they are not very thought out. They just don't look as clean as Tuckers. It shouldn't add to the price to tweak the design somewhat. All that said, I've never worn either, so the CB could be the sweetest rig going. I'll shut up now.

Trust me on this Blood. I wear them (the CBs) regularly. They are trimmed fine for easy/rapid presentation. The CB Qwik Clip was recently re-cut to allow an even faster presentation (the one above has the top further relieved). I have yet to find any IWB holster that provides a quicker release than the CBs. Don't go by photos. As I said, you have to wear these things - not for a hour or two but all day, every day.

Below is Tucker Texas Heritage (not the Tucker Answer which is closer in design to the SuperTuck but you get an idea of the quality) and a CB SuperTuck, their best seller.

[/quote]

Those are sweet...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts