MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a useful piece of hardware to hang off your pistol. I'm Mr. Shakes-a-lot, so the dot hops around the target like a mexican jumping bean on a hot skillet, but I found it's not a show-stopper. I'm learning to squeeze the trigger as the dot is crossing the intended POI. I learned that trick bowhunting and figured I'd give it a try with the CT on the M&P. I had several bullseye's at 15 yds and generally kept all my rounds in a paper plate size target. I have to say I'm much more confident after 200rds worth of practice. Now I move out to 25yds and work on that distance. This is getting to be way too much fun...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
A laser is definitely good at showing you your wobble zone! I find that I wobble more with a light gun like the M&P. You just need to get used to it. Practice using different amounts of grip tension in each hand, as well as different amounts of tension in your chest muscles (think about using your chest muscles to push your hands together closer/tighter). You should find a "sweet spot" that gives enough tension to keep things fairly stable without being so much exertion that you start to shake from muscular exhaustion.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ToddG said:
A laser is definitely good at showing you your wobble zone!

Too true...

ToddG said:
Practice using different amounts of grip tension in each hand, as well as different amounts of tension in your chest muscles (think about using your chest muscles to push your hands together closer/tighter). You should find a "sweet spot" that gives enough tension to keep things fairly stable without being so much exertion that you start to shake from muscular exhaustion.

Thanks for the pointers (no pun intended...)
I'll try them next time I'm at the range!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts