MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to order myself a CTAC. I had an Infidel order processing, but the thought that it would be uncomfortably 'thick' because of the clip at the holster made me rethink that holster.

I'm a skinny guy (32/33 waist), and I don't need anything that could potentially be too thick.

Enter the CTAC. It has a smaller profile because the clips are not on top of the holster. This brings up my only remaining question: which clips? Standard or C-clip?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I have standard clips on all my CTACs and I am happy with them. I tried the C-clips just to check them out and I didn't like them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the standard (1.5'') clips on my M-tac and they seem to work fine. The only knock on them is that they aren't "tuckable", but I wear untucked shirts most of the time anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the C-clips on my C-TAC for my .40. Couldn't be happier. Hold the holster perfectly in place and when I tuck the shirt in (which is very seldom), they are almost invisible. If Comp-Tac ever gets the C-TAC out for the .45, I'll buy that one with C-clips, too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I didn't like the C-clips. My Wilderness belt would slip out of them pretty easily. I use the standard clips. They are still tuckable, it's just that they are more visible. You can always bloom out your tucked shirt to hide it some.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have both and before I had a sturdy 1.5 inch gun belt, the C-clips were pretty worthless. But now that I do, the larger belt stays firmly planted in the C-clips and that is all I use.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered my CTAC with 1.5" C-clips. Can't wait. Thanks guys

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SCFireFighter said:
Ordered my CTAC with 1.5" C-clips. Can't wait. Thanks guys
They shipped my order today. Yay!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got it! Never had a holster before. It's a nifty little setup. I've been wearing it for 4 hours so far, and had to change it a couple of times to try new configurations.

Currently I have it set to where it is the maximum forward cant, and wear it at 5 'o clock. So far this the most comfortable setting I've found. It makes the gun ride slightly higher.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think you're worrying too much, personally. In my carrying experience, people tend not to notice, even if you're obviously printing. They tend to see what they want - and they don't want to see a pistol!

Just make yourself as comfortable as you can and practice, practice, practice drawing and reholstering with the same setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts