MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I just not smarter then kydex? I took this because I got the CTAC from someone who had it for a glock 40 caliber. I read here that it will work but I'm wondering what's up with this. This is my first holster. EVER. The gun won't go any further into the holster.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The allen head screws, where the leather attaches on the grip side, are the retention screws. They can be adjusted but I seriously doubt it will make a difference with this combo.

·
Registered
255 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
Am I just not smarter then kydex? I took this because I got the CTAC from someone who had it for a glock 40 caliber.

DUH. Look at the molding on the holster. Now look at your M&P. The lines on a Glock and on an M&P are nowhere near identical. That holster is NOT going to fit your gun.

·
Registered
255 Posts
tstrenuous10 said:
i thought they would. Read on here they fit.

I doubt the CTAC for a Glock would. Other holsters for a Glock might (leather, for example) but that's because the material gives a little. Kydex doesn't give. That holster just isn't going to work, man. Sorry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the holster for a glock 21 fits the m&p

i'm not sure of the # of glock 40 cal.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The glock 21/30 (20/29 - 10mm) holsters are wider, those models are the .45ACP slides.

The glock 26/19/17 (9mm), 33/32/31 (.357SIG), 27/23/22(.40S&W) all have narrower slides, and the M&P won't fit in them.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
To be more precise, and in this case we have to be precise.

Some holster for glocks 9/40 will fit the M&P, some won't, that's including leather and kydex. They vary by holster manufacturers. Leather glock holsters tend to fit the M&P more than kydex holsters due to the fact that leather will stretch and kydex won't.

The M&P rail sticks out further past the frame than glocks. Also the M&P trigger guard area is larger than glocks.

Sell your holster and order one from Comp Tac for the M&P.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like how it looks like there's a round in the chamber in one of the pictures... While it's pointed at the camera and presumably the hand holding it. :wink:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
snap cap. I make sure of it every time I handle this gun. Have a seperate mag with 2 snap caps in it. I actually check the chamber after I load a "round" from that magazine then remove the mag and check to see that only a snap cap follows it.

but keen eye.

·
Registered
170 Posts
good grief that's NO where close to fitting. the whole point of that holster is to cover up the trigger as well. your just asking for trouble if you carry it like that

return that holster and get the correct one...

thanks for pointing a loaded gun at me

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
machgt said:
generally that's more the case with a canvas type holster that isn't form fitted to the gun
There are certain models that fit just fine, but it's just certain models of Glock, not all of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts