MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for some reason when I am doing little delicate stuff (i.e soldering) I get a little shakey in my hands. This also happens when I am shooting... Anybody else here experience this and have any tips or reocmmendations?

8)

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
Avoid caffeine, that's a standard recommendation for compeitive shooters for a very long time, caffeine tends to cause the shakes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try not mastrabating at the range

Seriously though, avoid anything that could make you shakey, if its just how you are, then "aim for the center of the fuzz" and don't worry about it.

One time at the range my hands started shaking VIOLENTLY (mix of grippin the pistol too tight, and disease), I still managed to put the holes in the paper.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
G56 said:
Avoid caffeine, that's a standard recommendation for compeitive shooters for a very long time, caffeine tends to cause the shakes.

I dont drink soda/coffee. I think it might be nerves or something

MNPvsG said:

ahahahaha

that's gonna be a tough one

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
MNPvsG said:

Dang, How am I supposed to keep my grip strength up then??

·
Registered
100 Posts
TexanAviator said:
Well, for some reason when I am doing little delicate stuff (i.e soldering) I get a little shakey in my hands. This also happens when I am shooting... Anybody else here experience this and have any tips or reocmmendations?

8)

It gets worse the older you get!

Like Toby sings "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!" :twisted:

Chuck

·
Registered
6 Posts
It could be an essential tremor.

If you have a couple of drinks of alcohol and the shakes stop, then it's probably an essential tremor; which thankfully is benign.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sometimes we go to the wing place before the range. Perhaps some of us drink a single beer. Some of us don't shake anymore...

And when I say "us" I don't mean me.

I used to shake a lot.

It went away.

I don't know if it was the constant dry firing at home or what. I don't notice it when shooting anymore.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mercury said:
It could be an essential tremor.

If you have a couple of drinks of alcohol and the shakes stop, then it's probably an essential tremor; which thankfully is benign.

To be honest with ya, It does go away with a couple drinks of alcohol... Just didnt want to come across as some alcoholic which I am far from.

How did you know about this? (searching for more info now)

edit- Had not read the entire thread... Thanks so much for the information, you guys are great.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For a number of years I shot open sights on a rifle team. Before a match we had a strict regiment that would help avoid the shakes.

1. Avoid caffeine.

2. Avoid alcohol.

3. Lay off the carbs and heavy sugars the night before and do not eat a heavy meal the morning of.

4. Breath.

·
Registered
75 Posts
also- check if they are side effects of any drugs you might be on. Heart Medication and many many others can produce these effects and it might be worth talking to yu rdoctor about. I ditto the sugar regime. Try to wean off carbs in general and it might be of help. Also han dexercises and countless dry fire hours in from of the telly can help.

M2C

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar condition diagnosed as 'Essential Tremor'. It may not be the same as yours, but it sounds very much alike. There are a few medicines for my condition, however I am allergic to them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts