Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts
This is crazy.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Roger that. I somewhat resented the $35 price on the MP9 magazines I have, and I can't imagine paying what people are paying now. I'd like to have more; I have nine but really like to try & have 10-15 per 'serious' handgun or defensive carbine, but there's no way I'm jumping into the middle of this stampede.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think its worth trying to talk the guy down to $60 each, then resell them on Gun Broker myself?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got an email earlier from 44mag.com that they had them back in stock. So I rushed on the website to get some, just to find out they had 90 of them for $59.99:sick:($25.00 before) I want 4 more for myself and 2 for a friend but there is no way will pay that much!

Crazy, crazy,

Glad I picked up 2 from Kesselring Gun Shop Home Page for $34.95 last week.

Kinda wishing I got some there last week as well when I saw thay sill had them :no.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have 8 on backorder right now and the dealer said smith and wesson quoted them 6 months of a wait time wtf

·
Registered
64 Posts
their are sites that let you preorder for good prices i have 8 on order for 25 a piece and free shipping

·
Registered
8,329 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
no such thing as crazy. its capitalism. He has something you want at a price. It up to you if you like to buy it.

many people moan and groan when prices go up on things they wanted. in real life, people make money, and they sometimes lose money also. Look at real estate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got an email earlier from 44mag.com that they had them back in stock. So I rushed on the website to get some, just to find out they had 90 of them for $59.99:sick:($25.00 before) I want 4 more for myself and 2 for a friend but there is no way will pay that much!

Kinda wishing I got some there last week as well when I saw thay sill had them :no.
Yep, got the email and passed at the $60 price. They had 99 of them in stock......now they're out again.:no I own 7 of them, that'll have to do for now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm of the theory that this will pass within the next two months, or something will have passed. Either way, no reason for me to spend an obscene amount of money for spare magazines. You'll either be able to buy new 17 rounders in 6 months, or new 10 rounders in 6 months. I'm ambivalent as I shoot IDPA and just want some extra spare mags for that (10 round limit as they already follow CA rules) in case the real mags do get discontinued.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am glad I picked up some spare mags from Botach when they were on sale a few months ago. I just wish I had picked up more Pmags when everyone was selling the old style for $10 a piece just before the madness.

·
Registered
53 Posts
no such thing as crazy. its capitalism. He has something you want at a price. It up to you if you like to buy it.

many people moan and groan when prices go up on things they wanted. in real life, people make money, and they sometimes lose money also. Look at real estate.
Price gouging and greed is why China is kicking the shiite out of us. There are probably as many of these magazines available now as there were in November. However, greedy people are taking advantage of the current political winds and of the shooters they pretend to support.

Instead of the shooting community coming together and helping their own, they choose to prey on their own.

This is why we shooters cannot win the upcoming battle. Instead of watching each other's backs we prefer to stab them and profit from it just as those we oppose do to us.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We should do what the Chinese government did during the Olympics when they were held in Beijing. No problems selling rip-offs of foreign IP, but if they caught peddlers selling fake Olympic items without giving the cut to the government, free admission to re-education camps and involuntary organ donations. <g>

The good thing is I see a lot of the overpriced stuff isn't being bought and the only replies are "bump".

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just got my M&P right before xmas I should have got a couple mags then... Its not my primary handgun so I'm not gonna cough up much more then $40.00 for a mag right now...

·
Site Staff
9,636 Posts
On Dec 15 I ordered a couple more 15 round mags for my M&P40, $30 ea and a couple more 30 round D&H mags for my AR for about $12 each, back then still in stock, they were pretty busy but I got them in a couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts