MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you all would like some compact eye candy. These are by no means of Yamil's quality but I figured these will have to do until he get a compact.

This is a customer's gun and this will likely be the first time he gets to see it. So, crossgun I hope you like it.

I am thinking this one is going to need test fired a couple extra time just to make sure it's OK to come home. If I am feeling industrious tomorrow I may try to shoot a group with it just to see what happens and post it up here as well.

Enjoy,

Dan

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey, that's my pistol ! Stop shooting my gun and send it back. Damn it ! I have been told that OPA (Other Peoples Ammo) was the best to fire in you gun but in your case I quess its having the

advantage to own other peoples guns even if it's just for a few hours.

Dont send it back too dirty :wink:

It looks great ! The texture on the front of the mag and on the frame tool looks awesome and just makes sence to enhance the grip.

Cant wait to get it back.

Great job !

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
I thought you all would like some compact eye candy. These are by no means of Yamil's quality but I figured these will have to do until he get a compact.Enjoy,

Dan

Dan,

These are great pictures, they show the details, that us, your customers want to see!!

YOUR GREAT WORK!!!

Thanks for the Plug though!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
matt7184 said:
Wow....I love it!

Do you plan on bead blasting and melting compacts as well?

Now I just need to find a compact.....

Good luck as they only seem to be in OHIO :roll:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very, VERY nice work, Dan (yeah...big surprise there!!!!)

/internal monologue

"Hurry with the .40s all ready!"

internal monologue

Best,

Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
I saw my first Compact in 9mm at Gander Mountain in a suburban Twin Cities store yesterday. I'm pretty happy with my full size M&P so I doubt I'll be getting one of the compacts in the near future since I have no immediate need to carry. Like another poster mentioned, the clerk had to go into a back room to get the case to show it to me. Price was indeed $499.

DanGTG said:
Try Gander MTN, they, have 50 locations. They are stockingthe M&P 9c & it's on "sale" $499

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, so I test fired the little gun today and here are a couple groups I got. Now let me start making some excuses before I even show the targets. I have to admit that I was certainly not "on" today and I am quite certain the groups were a direct result of the Indian not the bow or the arrow. But these were shot off hand at 10 real yards with everyone's favorite Winchester white box value pack.

The second target you can start to see what the gun is capable of if it had a good driver that didn't like to throw high ones every once an awhile.

as far as shooting impressions, I think Smith has a winner here as well, it did seem less harsh than the Glock 26 with the same ammo. It was very controllable felt good shooting fast. I am not ready to shoot a bullseye match with it but would certainly strap one on my side to defend myself and family.

After shooting the Glock 26, the thought never entered my mind to get the 27 as 40 is a little to snappy for my likes, and the 26 had all the snap I cared to accept, but after shooting the M&P9c I am seriously considering getting the M&P40c when it comes out.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts