MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I am finishing up work on a new M&P 40c, It is going to have lizard skin stippling (my version of Dan Burwell’s sharkskin) basically It is very similar to Dan’s but I am using a slightly different tip and pattern to do the work. The slide, barrel and miscellaneous parts will be finished in a nickel Teflon coating and the slide has three vertical cocking serrations on it. It will also have a 4.5 pound carry trigger job. I am posting photos of the stippling which is complete and I hope to have the slide back this week or the beginning of next. I will make sure and post photos of the gun once it is complete.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not really a secret the company will only do business with FFL's. Dan or I can get the work done for you fairly cheap with usually a two week turnaround time.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I've been curious about the secret company that does the Nickel Teflon also.

It doesn't make sense for me to ship my stripped slide to you. You send it to the secret company. The secret company send it back to you. You send it back to me.

It would be easier for my local buddy, who is a FFL, to send my stripped slide to the secret company.

I promise, your secret is secure with me. :wink:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yukon,

The real problem is ths company is not a gun company and they do not have anyone to make sure the parts are going to fit properly after plating, they are strickly a plating company. So we need to check the fit (especially the barrel) before we send it out.

Honestly we are not trying to be coy with this.

Ronnie, sorry to step into one of your threads, good job on the Lizard skin!!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
If I had known that after the first time I asked, I wouldn't have to keep asking.

This is the 4th or 5th time I've inquired about the secret company; and the only answer I could get before now was the FFL answer.

There are a lot of companys finishing products in Teflon Nickel, so it's really no big secret.

Thanks for clearing this issue up Dan. :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
what would it cost to get a 40 fullsize done up like that?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does the slide HAVE to be finished with Nickel Teflon once stripped? Also, Boom Boom, Do you keep regular shop hours? I'd like to stop by, see your shop and maybe talk with you some more about this. Very nice work!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Dakotaman, the slide doesn’t have to be finished in Nikel Teflon it just seems to be very popular because it actually increases the longevity of your gun among other benefits. I do have regular shop hours I am here from 4:30 to 8:pM on weekdays and a good part of the day Saturday and Sunday. If these times don’t work for you let me know what does and I can be here to meet up with you.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Darnit BoomBoom you had me up thinkin about this custom M&P40C all night..SWEET!!!! Ok so now someone has to buy my Kimber Tactical Ultra II so I can buy it!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts