MP-Pistol Forum banner

Custom M&Pc 9mm

7K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  BoomBoom 
#1 ·
I have started work on an M&P Compact 9mm with night sights that I will eventually put up for sale. I have been experimenting with different types of contours for the front of the slide. I have included a couple of pictures of the slide before and one of where I am currently. I still have to radius around the ejection port and then I will most likely have the slide, barrel, slide stop assembly, takedown lever, extractor and coil pins hard chromed. I also plan on stippling the frame, a smooth, crisp trigger job for carry (4.5lbs) I am going to try and post periodic pictures as things progres.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
I have finished the slide contour and have sent the items pictured below plus a couple other parts for refinishing I hope to have them back by next week. I will be starting on the frame modifications next.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks choochboost, I have done many, many Glock’s (I would post a couple but I am not sure if that would go over to well) but I have only done 10 or eleven complete M&Ps, to include refinishing, I do a lot of trigger work on the M&P and stippling or texturing. I am a gunsmith in the central Ohio area and have been seeing more and more of the M&P so I am in the process of putting together a list of services for my web site in the very near future. I am stippling the frame for the M&P9c as we speak and I will post some images when it is complete.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Hey all, I have almost finished the stippling and I am looking for some input, I stippled the front strap and the back strap. My question is should I stipple the area outlined in red? Also if I stipple under the trigger guard I am afraid it will tear your fingers up after a day at the range so should I leave it as is? I may not follow all the recommendations but it would be interesting to know what others prefer.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Choochboost, I think I understand what you are saying but this being a compact model I don’t think that would be practical. The gun was designed for conceal ability and adding that much length on to the grip of the gun would defeat its purpose. I am thinking a full size M&P might be a better choice under those circumstances.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
OK... now I know what you mean, if you could have seen my mental picture from your last description. Do you have a compact and if so where does your forward thumb contact the frame? I like the side stippled as well. Dan had a good point though; he usually doesn’t do the side because it tears some people’s sides up when they have their gun concealed and in my case rubbing on my big old love handles all day

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Actually the back strap area is a tad softer than the frame itself so it isn’t as bad but if you used an aggressive stipple I can see how it might. I have a Don Hume H721 holster for mine and it puts a strip of leather between the gun and me.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Hey Readyme, I have posted the different M&P services I am offering on my services page. Just click on "custom Smith & Wesson M&P" on the front page and it should take you to my M&P services. If there is something you are looking for that isn't listed just give me a call.

Discussion starter · #21 ·
I have polished the slide and it does look very nice but from a tactical or carry point of view I think it is too bright, sometimes difficult seeing the front sight in the daylight. I hope to have the gun pictured done by next week and I plan on having photos of it posted here.

Thanks

RonnnieB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.