MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied for a CWL back in Oklahoma in 2002, After the usual 90 days I get a letter from the Oklahoma OSBI telling me that my app was denined and to call them if I had any questions. Well it appears that I had a Felony Arrest I never knew about. The people there were very helpful, they called the NCSI or what ever the acronym is for the National Crime Stats office is. Anyway in Jul 1976 I was traveling by bus to CA, along the way in Apache County AZ we stopped to eat, 2 of my "moron" friends decide to go smoke a joint on the side of the bus station. I'm sitting on the bus, those 2 idiots are getting arrested out in back of the bus station. The police come on the bus ask me if I know them, (not knowing what was happing) I said yes, they took me off the bus shearched me and found nothing on me, but arrested me also. Anyway, sorry this is so long, I am looking for some advice here, all I had to do was talk to a judge, pay a $500.00 fine, and went on to CA. This was 31 years ago and I have never been in trouble with the law ever before or since then, I have served in the military since then, went on to college, have a family, but They said no CWL for any drug related felony. Amazing! I saw people in my CWL Class that should have never been able to buy a gun never the less carry one. Anyone know if there is a way to get your consitutional rights / civil rights back from something like this? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
In some states yes. You just have to hire a Lawyer, or if your smart enough represent yourself. But you will have to pay to restore your rights back.

Just contact a local Lawyer in your area he will be able to help you out!

Good luck, man that sucks......

Pac757 said:
I applied for a CWL back in Oklahoma in 2002, After the usual 90 days I get a letter from the Oklahoma OSBI telling me that my app was denined and to call them if I had any questions. Well it appears that I had a Felony Arrest I never knew about. The people there were very helpful, they called the NCSI or what ever the acronym is for the National Crime Stats office is. Anyway in Jul 1976 I was traveling by bus to CA, along the way in Apache County AZ we stopped to eat, 2 of my "moron" friends decide to go smoke a joint on the side of the bus station. I'm sitting on the bus, those 2 idiots are getting arrested out in back of the bus station. The police come on the bus ask me if I know them, (not knowing what was happing) I said yes, they took me off the bus shearched me and found nothing on me, but arrested me also. Anyway, sorry this is so long, I am looking for some advice here, all I had to do was talk to a judge, pay a $500.00 fine, and went on to CA. This was 31 years ago and I have never been in trouble with the law ever before or since then, I have served in the military since then, went on to college, have a family, but They said no CWL for any drug related felony. Amazing! I saw people in my CWL Class that should have never been able to buy a gun never the less carry one. Anyone know if there is a way to get your consitutional rights / civil rights back from something like this? Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree that you need to talk to a lawyer. In many instances, a citizens rights can be restred by jumping through a number of hoops. That does kinda suck for you to be in that situation and an indescretion(or not) 30 years ago shouldn't prevent someone from protecting themselves. Good luck and let us know how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Here in FL we have very good CCW laws. There is no tolerance when it comes to drugs and guns. A lawyer is the way to go. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts