MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from qualifying for my CWP. I scored a 100 on the written exam and shot 48 out of 50 in the range qualifications with my M&P 40. The gun performed flawlessly and made me look good. Im so excited and cant wait for it to arrive in the mail. I had to share with people who would appreciate and understand my excitement.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Congrats on your CWP. I remember the wait for mine, it seemed like forever. But once I got it I was like a kid just opening a new present on Xmas.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
CWP

Congratulations. Welcome to the club.

Word to the wise. Stay on top of your state's "no- carry" zones. I misinterpreted VA's in one area. Didn't result in a problem, but would have been a major problem if caught. When in doubt, research it completely.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats!! Yeah.. I did the same thing.. I used my M&P40 to qualify with.. Also.. For the next 60 to 90 days is going to drive you crazy.. LOL.. Especially after the first 60 days.. You will be checking the mail every day like a kid at Christmas..

Ben

·
Registered
13 Posts
It takes about 60-70 days here in Florida to get the much anticipated letter and ID from the State. I got to the point that I phoned the Capitol every 30 days for an update. Congratulations on your newly appointed responsibility. The decision to carry is highly personal and profound and I must admit it gives me a sense of pride for my Country and the freedoms that we enjoy and that most take for granted.

p.s. very cool avatar, I grew up in S.C. and left many years ago but still appreciate the old Cresent and Palmetto flag.

·
Registered
206 Posts
machgt said:
dang. It took 14 days to get my Iowa CCW after testing

Not sure about Iowa.. But here in South Carolina, with your CWP, you don't have to do the background check... Just fill out the paperwork and they write the info down on it the paperwork and you go.. No waiting..
They are able to do that because they do a major background check on you.. That is why it takes so long...

Ben

·
Registered
259 Posts
ben2112 said:
[quote name='machgt']dang. It took 14 days to get my Iowa CCW after testing

Not sure about Iowa.. But here in South Carolina, with your CWP, you don't have to do the background check... Just fill out the paperwork and they write the info down on it the paperwork and you go.. No waiting..
They are able to do that because they do a major background check on you.. That is why it takes so long...

Ben[/quote]

same in FL. no backround check or waiting period after you have a CWP.

Oh, congrats by the way

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't have a waiting period to get a pistol in Iowa though. You can't buy a pistol without a purchase permit, that's when they do the background check

1 - 11 of 11 Posts