MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tested or compared the 124-125 grain bullets to the 147 grain bullets hitting about the 130 PF mark? did it throw off your timing severyly? is it very noticeable with the M&P 9mm.? also would I have to go with a lighter recoil spring to tune the pistol to the 147's? Any help will be appreciated :?:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bobby,

I've only shot 115 gr and 147's out of the MP but found them both very shootable with the factory set up. I'll probably test other springs eventually, but I didn't see any problems at all running my minor 147gr production loads with the factory set up... More shooting may reveal a different perspective later on.... Best bet is to just test - so much of this stuff is based on subjective feel, in my experience.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reply to Bryan

Hello,

I can definately feel a difference in pulse, I have decided to shoot the 147 grain bullets to help make a definate decision I did a bill drill on two seperate targets shooting each target with a different load. The out come is my groups were tighter with the 147 grain load I feel with the factory spring this combo is good to go! I may test the steel guiderod with the ISMI spring in the future.

O

·
0 Posts
hey could you guys explain recoil springs to me? like the factory recoil spring is 16 lbs what happens when i go up or down in the lbs? Like i see wolf springs go from 12lbs up to 24 lbs :?:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bobby,

I agree with Bryan on the factory spring being fine and doesnt need changing. I shot some rounds out of it with the factory set up and a lighter spring and liked the factory spring better. I dont remember where, but I posted my results on testing some springs and the idea of going up in spring weight or going down compared to the type of grip angle and polymer frame or steel frame.

Ill have to search for it, but its there.

Osinious,

I'll get back w/ a better description of springs a little later.

·
Registered
72 Posts
springs

I also would like a lot of info (changing springs with same load-bullet weight or with different bullet weights, different loads). Thanks

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
All the info anyone could ever want about recoil springs:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=28

Check out the FAQs at the top of the page.

Mr McGee,

I'll give you a heads up about the factory spring set-up. most of them work good every once and a while I come across one that is a bit stiffer and doesn't like the light loads, Just make sure you test each assembly in your gun before you head out to a big match. :wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan,

thanks for the heads up! I really appreciate the fact that you posted your trigger job on your website. I am a sponsored shooter for S&W and got all my info from Joe Bergeron(Product Manager at S&W) the same info that you posted, however your picture of your sear cut helped me tremendously, I actually cut my angle on my milling machine and polished the _hit out of everthing it came out awesom!!!! I checked out your website and may be interested in your front and rear sights. I would need a 0.85 front sight. Is that something you can do?

·
Registered
72 Posts
From Matt Burketts book.

"Most recoil springs are not properly fit to the gun and should be replaced every 2,000 to 3,000 rounds. Take the recoil system out of the gun. Fully compress the spring guide against the guide rod head. If the guide doesn't compress completely, clip the end until it does. If the spring cap doesn't touch the guide rod head, the spring is being crushed when the slide cycles. Cutting the spring to the proper length will help with functioning and increase spring life."

Brian Enos agrees.

What about on the M&P Dan?

For Carry, would you cut or change the spring at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Dan, I cannot believe how fast I can shoot this pistol! I was doing those times with my SVI Limited guns, To be honest I cannot do those times without an adequate trigger job, again thanks for the Specs on that!!!! everyone go to Dan for your trigger job on the M&P amazing! 8)

·
Registered
94 Posts
BOBBY MCGEE said:
everyone go to Dan for your trigger job on the M&P amazing! 8)
Guess I'm going to have to. Granted, it's a good day for me if my draw times are roughly what your bill drill times are.

·
Registered
533 Posts
BOBBY MCGEE said:
practice the draw 10 min a day and you will be able to do it

So that's waht you're doing every tome I call you??

Y

1 - 20 of 20 Posts