MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Smith & Wesson Performance Center 1911 on layaway. I pick it up right around my birthday this coming February. God what I fine pistol and the price they gave me was unbelievable. I just wish I could have gone for the stainless model but that was only available here in the Doug Koenig Professional Edition and I didn't like the flat trigger. This will probably be the last or next to last 1911 I ever buy and I wanted something absolutely perfect right out of the box, not something I would want to modify. Besides the blue version has been discontinued by my dealer and he knocked an extra $400 off the on-sale sale price.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...amp;isFirearm=Y

When serious collectors and demanding shooters want the very best handguns, they turn to Smith & Wesson's Performance Center®. Known the world over for their unique design and uncompromising quality, Smith & Wesson's master gunsmiths build each handgun from the ground up – combining old-world hand-craftsmanship with modern technology to create extremely accurate, high performance models designed for the most demanding shooters. Contact your Smith & Wesson dealer to discuss the availability of these superb, limited edition handguns.

Edit:I had to buy it sight unseen because the last one was still in their warehouse. I had been under the impression that this pistol had a blued finish. I stand corrected. It has the more rugged and expensive Melonite finish. BTW: The price he gave me is $1590, thats $900 less than the other stocking dealer in the area charges, and $400 than a backyard special order through Davidson's. The JMB gods do love me!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Well it certainly is beautiful but I don't see how you can say it will be your last one :twisted:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
m4arc said:
Well it certainly is beautiful but I don't see how you can say it will be your last one :twisted:
I have a a finely tuned full sized Springer with night sights and crimson trace for my "fighting" 1911, although I may sell it minus the CT grips. I also have a Kimber Ultra Carry with night sights and CT grips as my "portable fighting" 1911. The only thing that it would take to perfectly round out my collection is a Wilson Combat Compact CQB or an alloy framed equivalent as a nice tweener between the Kimber and the Springer. But that's out of my budget for at least a few years, and besides how many pistols can I shoot. This Performance Center pistol is my way of going out with a bang.

·
Registered
215 Posts
sholling-------

Burp-- you cuuda bought 4 Tauruses and one RIA fer that--burp......just kidding, and you enjoy! Congratulations!! :mrgreen: That is a beautiful gun!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
That is one heck of a sweet 1911!

If I had the $$, I would buy one in a heartbeat, even if it meant no more guns for a year. Or more!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I bet it will. If it's as fun to shoot as it is too look at... you've clearly got a winnar.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks like a nice roscoe. I like the look of the M&P style serrations on the 1911 slide too.

I'm looking into having a custom 1911 built by Terry Boehler, and I'd like to get some non-standard slide serrations on there for functionality AND aesthetics. The M&P style, as I see now, would be a great detail to add

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just couldn't hold out for my b-day so I did the 100 mile round trip and picked her up today. I haven't had a chance to shoot her yet but I will this weekend.

Here she is in an old Milt Sparks

Here she is in the Sparks accompanied by a Wild Bill mag pouch and a sprinkling of HSTs

They even prefix the serial number with JMB. Is that cool or what...

·
Registered
434 Posts
sholling said:
I just couldn't hold out for my b-day so I did the 100 mile round trip and picked her up today.

congrats!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
did not realize they were using wilson adjustables, very interesting.

I like it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts