MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sold on the idea of a laser but I thought I would ask Lasermax if they had or were deloping an internal laser for the M&P and compact in particular. Below is the response I receive to my e-mail. I did however leave off the gentlemans name and contact info.

Thank you for the interest in our products. Unfortunately we currently do

not have a internal sight for the Smith M&P and do not have plans to build

a sight for that weapon any time in the near future. Our new rail mounted

laser may be the option for you. More information on that sight can be found

on our web page: http://www.lasermax.com/product.php?id=104 .

If you should have any further questions feel free to contact me.

Hopefully the full size crimson grips will be a hit and they will develop them for the compact as well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
carteach0 said:
The grip type laser sounds interesting, but certainly not at 1/2 or more the

original price of the pistol.

I use the Crimson Trace Grips on my service weapon and on my concealed carry. Yes they are a little on the costly side but what piece of good gear isn't? Have you priced a surefire flashlight lately? Now that's expensive! I've seen first hand how much difference laser grips make when your pulse is pounding, your trying to keep your eye on a moving target, draw your weapon, duck behind cover, and actually hit that target all at just about the same time. I firmly believe I'm still breathing because of my grips (and a very thick medal wall).

My CC is a Kimber ultra-carry .45 and I got it's laser grips from www lasergripdiscounters com they were the cheapest I could find when shopping around.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
carteach0 said:

It depends on what you want them for. I have them on two of my 1911s and eventually plan on a set for the M&P I have on order. You just have to think through how you would use them in an emergency. They aren't for waving around. Think about it... when might the ability to place an aimed shot on a threat before you have a chance to line up your iron sights come in handy?

By the way one thing I like about grips is that they're instant on or off as needed. No fumbling for a switch or button. Just squeeze the grip a little bit tighter and its on, relax and its off - at least on the 1911 version that I selected. Mine have the switch right where your 'go to #@$%' finger crosses the front of the grip. On the M&P version I believe it's on the back strap.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
oldsalt said:
I firmly believe I'm still breathing because of my grips (and a very thick medal wall).
I think I speak for us all when I say we're sure glad you got through that in one piece.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was part of a US Navy boarding team. The guys on board that day really didn't like company.
The Navy has never been big on small arms practice unless you are a SEAL or on a Special Boat Unit. A few times a year is enough for the Offical quals for the regular Navy, and during a deployment you can't go practice during your off time. Hense my love for the CT grips, they will never replace range time w/ your normal sights but when every thing goes to hell they help, and if your not trying to stack the deck in your favor...

·
Registered
66 Posts
They must have that email saved...because it's the same answer and email I received last month.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Perhaps if we all filled out the Crimson Trace form on their web site, they would consider producing a unit for our M&P Compacts.

·
Registered
498 Posts
handyguy said:
Perhaps if we all filled out the Crimson Trace form on their web site, they would consider producing a unit for our M&P Compacts.

I already filled out the Future Model Request form, I very much hope they produce it for the compact in the future. More people submitting the form can only help however!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did same for LaserMax. I have their guiderod laser for my G26 and love it. Not sure they could cram it in the M&P9c - the guiderod is thinner than the Glock.

·
Registered
130 Posts
MC said:
Saaaawwwwweeeeeaaaaattttttt It's about dang time!

SAWEAT???? What does that mean???? :?

·
Registered
66 Posts
ebar5 said:
[quote name='MC']Saaaawwwwweeeeettttttt It's about dang time!

SAWEET???? What does that mean???? :?[/quote]

Sorry I was so excited. BTW since you are in NM you probably don't hear much southern twang from southerners...not that I speak that way but my neighbor always adds the (A) between the S and the W.
I just plain spelled it wrong...but as you can see, I fixed it. So nothing to see here move along.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Awkay, I git'it! Thankyu, Hhhheeewwweee!

·
Registered
527 Posts
carteach0 said:

It does not seem to me that you have been comparing prices between the Lasermax internal lasers and the Crimson Trace grip mounted lasers. I've generally found that the Crimson Trace models to be significantly less expensive than Lasermax products.

I just got a Crimson Trace for my Glock 17, and it was only $169.00 from Bud's Gun Shop. In comparison, a Lasermax for my Glock was $297.00 from the same dealer. Best price I could find elsewhere for the Glock 17 Lasermax was $279

No one would want to pay $130 more for a product that is also going to require you to switch it on in an emergency. With the Crimson Trace, just gripping the handgun instantly turns the laser on. Installing the Crimson Trace was super easy, and really enhances the grip that I can now get on my Glock too. I absolutely love the new feel that the grip has with the Crimson Trace installed. And boy, is this laser beam bright and highly visible!! It is awesome to view.

I'm ordering one for my SIG 220 too now, as I am so very pleased with the performance of this product on my Glock. And I will certainly order one for my M&P compact, as soon as that model becomes available in the Crimson Trace product line.

Lance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts