MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own the M&P 40 and was thinking about getting the 9mm as well .... but everyone I've talked to has said there really isn't a point since there wouldn't be much of a differance.

Well this weekend while at the range I asked the guy next to me if I could shoot his .45 1911 .... alls I can say was that was one nice pistol. I was puttin the round pretty much in the same hole at 7 yards with it. I think I ended up with about a 1/2 inch grouping.

I'm thinking a .45 would be a nice addition .... but which one?? I like the feel of the M&P but would the lighter frame would give a .45 too much kick. I'm sure the heavier 1911 helped in my grouping and wonder if I'd shoot as well as I did with a lighter version.

So what to do .... get a 1911 or wait for the M&P 45 to come out. Suggestions please.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was seriously looking at different M1911 models but found that for the quality and features I want, I can't afford one right now. That and I started reading about the M&P and well... Here I am. I'm waiting on the M&P 45 to come out. Unless you're really hurting for a .45, I'd wait. M1911s are very common, an M&P 45 wouldn't be. Not that there's anything wrong with the M1911, as per my name, but it doesn't have a lot of modern features that the M&P incorporates. I'm intending the M&P 45 for concealed carry where a lot of its features are pros over the M1911. - Colt

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TexanAviator said:
Quite a dilemma...

Only answer is the following:

Sell children/spouse on black market and get them all

No No ..... that's a difficult decision ......... the dilemma is if I should get an AR15 (possibly M&P15) or not

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am in the very same boat. I have been dutyfully waiting for the MP45 and HK45 to hit the market, but am quickly running out of patience. I have enjoyed my MP9 so much that it has become my EDC weapon displacing my XD45. I am however wanting to go back to carrying a 45, so here I am with money in my wallet and no MP or HK to evaluate. Due to the lag, I am no adding a 1911 pattern gun back into the mix, namely the SW1911PD Gunsite edition or even the 4.25" plain PD version.

As far as weight goes, I transitioned from a Springfield Armory TRP to the XD45 without much difficulty. the difficulty came not from the weigth, but mastering the trigger. The XD is about the same weight as the MP or the 1911PD. Recoil and muzzle flip are very controllable, but then it does have the dual recoil spring thing. Every report fro people whio have tried the MP45 claim that recoil, much like the 9 and 40 is very manageable. I just want the thing to be available already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts