MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am going to try to purchase a new pistol after the holidays if funds permit and I have narrowed it down to the M&P and the SigPro 2022. I have been waiting for the M&P45 since I prefer 45, but the department I work for issues Glock model 22's and I can stick with the 40 in either pistol. I have not shot either yet but I have fondled them both in the stores. I do understand that is very subjective and individual to each of us, but what is your insight?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Disclaimer: I am not a Sig afficionado. My admittedly limited understanding is that the SigPro is the dog of the Sig line. Like you I run a G22 at work. I am waiting (impatiently) for the .45.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Im not a SIG fan, to bulky and akward for my taste. But I have heard that the sigpro is the sig bottom of the barrel. Best thing to do is rent the sig, mp40, and glock and see which one feels better to you. But since you are on the M&P forum, I say get the MP40 you wont regret it!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love sigs. My first polymer gun was the Sig Pro. Could not shoot it worth crap. No one liked it. Unfortunately/ fortunately it was stolen. Now I have the M&P and feel I have moved up in life.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 2022 and just traded it this weekend for a new Walther p99. It shot great, no complaints there but it was pretty bulky. Another reason I sold it was because I bought a p226 and I just couldn't justify keeping the polymer Sig. I wanted it for a CCW and the P99 hides way better. I would go with the M&P, it holds 15+1 and the Sig only holds 12+1. the ergonomics are also way better on the M&P. If you just want the Sig for the DA/SA trigger than I would also look at the FN FNP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. I made up my mind and I am going to get the M&P. I saw one today for $450.00 in the local police supply store I frequent for my duty gear. They are a S&W Law Enforcement dealer. I will more than likely wait until after the holidays and also for when the M&P45 has shipped as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've shot both the SigPro and the M&P in .40, and while i'm a huge Sig fan, i'd take the M&P over the SigPro every day of the week.

I liked the SigPro, but find the classic line of Sigs to be much better pistols.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts