MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good holster and was doing some research on your website. Based on the pictures and comments from this forum, I like what I see. I like the adjustability od the CTAC, but was afraid the kydex would be to stiff.

So I found the Cochise Defender and the Dakota Defender and they seem to be the perfect match.

Can you tell me the difference between the two.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I asked Kevin this question a few weeks ago. Here was his response, which I'm sure he won't mind me sharing:

There are some differences between the Cochise Defender and Dakota Defender. The Cochise Defender is a bit more versatile of a holster. It can be worn IWB or OWB, simply by moving the clips to the other side of the holster; the Dakota is strictly IWB. The Dakota has less leather, so it's a bit thinner overall and molds to the shape of the body quicker/sooner. The Dakota has more room to tuck material between the body of the holster and the clips. You can tuck some material in between on the Cochise, just not as much. The Dakota Defender has the sweat guard panel incorporated into the holster. It's simply an extension of the backside of the holster that comes up and covers that portion of the gun back to the hammer/end of the slide. It does cover the safety. The sweat guard is available on the Cochise Defender as well, but there is an additional cost of $5.00. The Dakota Defender does have the suede lining on the back; whereas the Cochise Defender does not. The Cochise Defender does have the additional overlay piece of leather, which aids in the reholstering of the gun; the Dakota Defender does not have that.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
utarch & ArmyCop:

Thanks for your interest in our holsters. ER_STL has posted what the essential differences between the two holsters are. The Dakota Defender has become our most popular of the two. People most often choose the Cochise for its versatility of being worn IWB/OWB and the added leather for the throat reinforcement.

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts