MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
Extreme carelessness, he killed his wife, and any hope of a law enforcement career, I wouldn't trust this guy to carry a gun anymore.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Damn that's sad.

I only live 20 mins from there and this is the first i have heard of this.

(i try not to watch the news much)

·
Registered
380 Posts
TAC said:
I'd do a little more investigating before I'd call this an accident. :roll:

it would be a convenient excuse, and a lesser charge (if any) than murder...

however, even if he didnt want to harm his wife... it was careless and irresponsible.

maybe he isnt a criminal, but he shouldnt be a gun owner.

·
Registered
163 Posts
f-bomb said:
[quote name='TAC']I'd do a little more investigating before I'd call this an accident. :roll:

it would be a convenient excuse, and a lesser charge (if any) than murder...

however, even if he didnt want to harm his wife... it was careless and irresponsible.

maybe he isnt a criminal, but he shouldnt be a gun owner.[/quote]

It just seems someone who is about to enter the law enforcement profession would know better than to practice with a loaded gun, much less point it at a real person! Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, but can someone really be that stupid?

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
This guy just watched his wife die from a mistake he made ... perhaps we shouldn't speculate that he's a malicious killer without some evidence to that effect, eh?

It's a horrible tragedy, and one that certainly could have been avoided. A young guy, a new gun, a new career, a little too eager ... but lacking the training, maturity, and/or judgment that should go along with having a gun.

He's certainly not the first person to practice drawing with a live gun in the house. Hopefully, his example will be seen far and wide and teach people the dangers.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Mistakes happen, unfortunate but reality. But I agree with Todd, this guy just watched his wife die, let the dust settle.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I agree 100%! Although I dont see why he wouldnt have checked his .45 to make damn certain it was not loaded, with his wife and or children present??? A sad story, I cannot imagine what he is going through knowing this could have been prevented with proper safety check. Very sad.....

ToddG said:
This guy just watched his wife die from a mistake he made ... perhaps we shouldn't speculate that he's a malicious killer without some evidence to that effect, eh?

It's a horrible tragedy, and one that certainly could have been avoided. A young guy, a new gun, a new career, a little too eager ... but lacking the training, maturity, and/or judgment that should go along with having a gun.

He's certainly not the first person to practice drawing with a live gun in the house. Hopefully, his example will be seen far and wide and teach people the dangers.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
what a tragedy I would wait to pass judgement he is living in his own version of hell right now

·
Registered
60 Posts
I too have a hard time trying to believe it was just an 'accident'. I can understand everyone makes mistakes, but this type of a mistake is something you might expect from a careless teenager, not a law enforcement professional.

·
Registered
257 Posts
rajuabju said:
but this type of a mistake is something you might expect from a careless teenager, not a law enforcement professional.

sometimes the only difference between the two is their date of birth....most LEO's usually aren't much when it comes to guns.

·
Registered
163 Posts
He didn't just make a mistake, he made numerous mistakes!

He was playing with a loaded gun. He didn't know it was loaded you say? Then he should have checked, and re-checked if he felt it necessary to play with his gun.

He knowingly, and deliberately pointed the gun directly at his wife! Who in their right mind does such a thing? He didn't shoot her in the foot, or the hand, he shot her dead center and killed her.

He knowingly, and deliberately pulled the trigger! Loaded, or unloaded, you don't point your firearm at an innocent person, and you certainly don't pull the trigger while doing so!

What happened is horrible, and in my mind unforgivable. For those of you that are so understanding, and quick to forgive, what if it had been you, your spouse, or your child visiting the house, and they were the ones shot and killed? Then how would you feel?

This is exactly the kind of story politicians, and gun haters can't wait to get hold of, so they can tell everyone, "See, even a well trained Marine, and someone close to law enforcement, can't be trusted to have a gun in the house!"

"Accident" is not the proper word to describe what happened.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Tac, you can shout the 4 rules of gun safety from the mountain top all day long....but it doesn't make people listen to them, understand them, or abide by them.

There will always be people in this world that do stupid things.

I for one, vote to bring back natural selection.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've just heard this kind of thing all to often in my lifetime! These news stories you hear, "I was just cleaning my gun and it went off, all by itself, and shot my son right in the forehead!" "I dropped my gun, and it went off and shot my husband right in his ear while he was sleeping!" "It was so hot in my car, the bullets in my gun must have exploded, killing my whole family!" "I took the my dads gun to school to show my buddies and while I was showing it to them, it shot my teacher!"

It's never their fault! No one is ever responsible! No accountability! It's always an accident! Bull crap!

·
Registered
387 Posts
TAC said:
I've just heard this kind of thing all to often in my lifetime! These news stories you hear, "I was just cleaning my gun and it went off, all by itself, and shot my son right in the forehead!" "I dropped my gun, and it went off and shot my husband right in his ear while he was sleeping!" "It was so hot in my car, the bullets in my gun must have exploded, killing my whole family!" "I took the my dads gun to school to show my buddies and while I was showing it to them, it shot my teacher!"

It's never their fault! No one is ever responsible! No accountability! It's always an accident! Bull crap!
Damn that's pretty harsh!!!!

TAC said:
It's never their fault! No one is ever responsible! No accountability!

*Rant removed by Fox*

I WAS going to go on a rant about i live close to his family and if you want we should

all dawn pitch forks and torches and make sure this time let everyone know

he IS responsible, it''s never an accident, and as a mob we can make sure he is held

accountable for his "pointing his firearm at an innocent person and pulling the trigger".

But instead i would rather wait for the FACTS and either way say a prayer for the families

and loved ones involved.

Loosing someone you love can be the worst thing that can ever happen to you and

it being only one week until christmas can only make it more of a tragedy.

My wife and I have sent flowers to her mother and father in their time of loss.

**Mods or Admin, please feel free to delete this post if i crossed any lines sorry**

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes my comments were harsh. Killing someone is harsh too! I make no apologies. I'm not picking on anyone, I don't even know this person. I don't understand why some people try to take reality and turn it into a feel good story.

About the only thing "facts" can add to this, is that it was no accident.

Pray all you want, she will still be dead, and it won't change anything.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts