MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an M&P 9mm compact, and am looking for a good concealment holster. the desantis cozy partner caught my eye. anyone have firsthand experience with it, specifically with the M&P but also with whatever else you may be carrying?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, but I'm already pretty well set on IWB carry, with maybe an occasional ankle carry when I can't hip carry. I can't see how an OWB would conceal as well as an IWB (although i can definitely see the comfort side of the issue)

Also saw the don hume PCCH IWB. how does that compare?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was also interested in the Cozy Partner a few months ago but I remembered one of the posters saying he received one for a Sig (even though their available model menu lists the 9c) that fit his 9c. I emailed Desantis and asked them if they actually made the Cozy Partner for the M&P 9c and they replied they didn't, but that they could custom-make one for $75 plus the cost of the holster (I still can't get all the coffee off my lcd monitor).

Instead, I ordered an Ugly Bald Guy Canute, which I really like ($60/4 weeks from order to delivery).

Nate didn't even charge me extra to make it fit the 9c.

If you really like the CP, I'd email Desantis and see if they're actually making it for the 9c now. Make sure you don't have a mouthful of coffee when you get their reply.

Jim

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
astocks2622 said:
thanks, but I'm already pretty well set on IWB carry, with maybe an occasional ankle carry when I can't hip carry. I can't see how an OWB would conceal as well as an IWB (although i can definitely see the comfort side of the issue)

Also saw the don hume PCCH IWB. how does that compare?

I used to feel the same way, that a IWB would conceal better but after trying a few, I found them sorta uncomfortabe. That's why I ordered the Desantis Speed Holster and love the way it feels and conceals since it snugs the grip up against my waist. Anyway, as with most of us, you will probably wind up with a drawer full of holsters that you don't ever wear. Good luck with what ever you eventually get.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I sometimes carry my M&P 9C in a Desantis cozy partner. It is a comfortable holster but it is rather thick through the snap area resulting in a holster that doesn't conceal quite as well. Under a jacket its fine. For OWB I just received my JIT Slide from Done Hume. I works really well and its comfortable to wear. For IWB I use the Comptac recommended by the folks on this forum. I wear my M&P under a T-shirt in the summer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts