MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a DeSantis Speed Scabbard for the M & P compact from S & W last week and received it yesterday. I really like this holster with the S & W, M & P logo stamped on it. It's the 1st holster I have owned that is comfortabe to wear. I tried my full sized M & P 40 caliber in it and was delighted it fit so well. Pictures below;

[/url]

·
Registered
910 Posts
I had a black one that I ordered from S&W. I loved it, but gave it away in that raffle thing I did for the site months ago.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Josh; You need to get another one and some roach spray!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
og556 said:
How well does your full size conceal with that and an untucked t-shirt ?

I haven't tried it with a untucked t-shirt but I'm sure it would hide ok but it would print pretty noticeably. I have tried it with a untucked, kinda loose fitting shirt and it does just fine. I prefer a tucked wife beater or a t-shirt under my shirt just to keep it away from my skin.

We went Christmas shopping today and I wore a leather, sorta bomber type, jacket with jeans with my MP 9c in the DeSantis. I had to be very concious of the jacket riding up and exposing the bottom of the holster. The full sized MP 40 would have been very hard to hide. If any concealed carry types had looked carefully they could have easily spotted me as a ccw person by the way I was having to constantly adjust my coat. I'll wear a longer coat next time or use my Kangaroo shoulder holster.

That said, the DeSantis is very comfortable to wear with the right attire. 8)

·
Registered
380 Posts
TxPhantom said:
[quote name='og556']How well does your full size conceal with that and an untucked t-shirt ?

I haven't tried it with a untucked t-shirt but I'm sure it would hide ok but it would print pretty noticeably. I have tried it with a untucked, kinda loose fitting shirt and it does just fine. I prefer a tucked wife beater or a t-shirt under my shirt just to keep it away from my skin.

We went Christmas shopping today and I wore a leather, sorta bomber type, jacket with jeans with my MP 9c in the DeSantis. I had to be very concious of the jacket riding up and exposing the bottom of the holster. The full sized MP 40 would have been very hard to hide. If any concealed carry types had looked carefully they could have easily spotted me as a ccw person by the way I was having to constantly adjust my coat. I'll wear a longer coat next time or use my Kangaroo shoulder holster.

That said, the DeSantis is very comfortable to wear with the right attire. 8)[/quote]

actually, i do carry my full size .40 in this exact holster sometimes.

as far as printing... if you put the holster to around 4 or 5 oclock on your belt, it dosent print very bad at all.

as far as the length of the slide, yes youll need a jacket that is slightly longer than the gun.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I've got the black one and also think its a great holster. Yes you have to dress to cover, but I can wear like a polo shirt and it covers fine. With jackets, they need to be just a little long as stated above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts