MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been to the glock armorers school, so I can see that there are similarities, but also a lot of differences. I've not attempted to dissmantle my M&P yet, as I'm afraid I won't be able to get the roll pins back in. I really wish they had used standard pins. So do they go back in easily, or do I need a special tool? Also, I've discovered that you have to remove the rear site to disassemble the slide? That's seems to be a poor design feature. Is the rear site made to be removed easily or does that also require a punch and hammer? Other than that, I think I could figure the rest out, but I don't want to even attempt it until I know what I'm up against and have the proper tools.

Thanks for the reply.

Rob

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wrt to the sights. I have a M&P40 that needed a lot of force (I used a Glock sight tool just fine) but my M&P 9 was so loose that it barely took a nudge. I had been wondering what the set screw was need for until I removed the rear sight on the 9. The roll pins are very easy to remove as well. Use a roll pin punch on a good base and you're good to go.

I also would like more data on the frame. How does one remove the trigger assembly/breechblock?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The rear sight comes out pretty easy, but still needs to be drifted with a punch. Unscrew the allen screw and tap from left to right (toward the ejection side), when it is about 2/3rds off you will see the cap that covers the spring for the FP plunger. Make sure you catch those or they will LAUNCH. Do it inside a plastic bag to make sure!? You don't really need to access the FP plunger for anything, so I would leave it alone and not bother the sight. The most it might need would be a good spray cleaning and re lube from the under side. The roll pins should be taken out with roll pin punches. These are hard to find but, Sears and Graingers carry them along with Brownells and etc. The M&P Store will carry a kit shortly that will have the roll pin punches and a few other things in it. The pins go in and out a little harder than the Glocks, but not hard by any means. Using the roll pin punch makes it much easier and you don't have to worry about slipping off. If you can strip a Glock then this is no more difficult really!! Good luck and have fun :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts