MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nick, I see you have mounted a 10-8 rear sight on your M&P45. What front sight are you using? Couldn't tell from the photo if it was OEM.

My gun seems to shoot several inches low with 230-gr WWB at 10 yards.

The extractor on my new M&P45, which I just fired today for the first time, also doesn't have a great finish. Doesn't really bother me, but it could have been done better. Mine does not have the other cosmetic defects you mentioned.

Cheers,

Whisper

·
Registered
298 Posts
Whisper said:
Nick, I see you have mounted a 10-8 rear sight on your M&P45. What front sight are you using? Couldn't tell from the photo if it was OEM.

Whisper

I am using the factory front night sight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nick, did the 10-8 rear sight install easily? I just picked a 45 M&P up, and am waiting for the 10-8 sight. Thanks

Gene

·
Registered
298 Posts
Gene said:
Nick, did the 10-8 rear sight install easily? I just picked a 45 M&P up, and am waiting for the 10-8 sight. Thanks

Gene

Gene,

The factory Novak rear was a pain in the ass to drift out, but the 10-8 fit in easily.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As an update to my previous message, I shipped the gun off to S&W last Monday and would have had it back this Monday but I was not home to take delivery. They replaced the extractor, rear sight, and barrel stud, and did some work on the chamber to enhance feeding reliability. Plus, I received an extra mag to boot. I'll have to put some rounds through it this weekend but I don't expect any problems. It's nice to have a company that stands behind it's product.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought mine from Dattilio's Guns & Tackle, I think I payed $505 for the 45. I managed to pick up my 40c for $465 but he already had that on hand. Jim can order you whatever you want (as long as he can find it though his distributors) and his prices always seem very fair to me, especially given the local competition. Generally you'll get hit for $15-$20 shipping if it's a custom order.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Jim. That total price would be just about what Bud's is charging, so their prices are definitely comparable. When I purchased my MP9 through Bud's a different local dealer who I used for the transfer asked why I didn't just purchase it from them.

I said, "$399." They said, "Understood."

I was wondering if I'd have the same experience with the MP45. When I'm ready (I'm close!) I'll give Datillio's a ring, sounds like they've got some good prices.

·
Registered
69 Posts
zenner22 said:
Thanks for the reply, Jim. That total price would be just about what Bud's is charging, so their prices are definitely comparable. When I purchased my MP9 through Bud's a different local dealer who I used for the transfer asked why I didn't just purchase it from them.

I said, "$399." They said, "Understood."

I was wondering if I'd have the same experience with the MP45. When I'm ready (I'm close!) I'll give Datillio's a ring, sounds like they've got some good prices.

Forget Datillo's - get a hold of me I will take care of you - that goes for you to Jim I will beat his pricing no problem ... I live in Fairfax -

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice pics y'all!

I can't wait to get my MP9 next week. I feel lucky living in MI, I get the 17 round mags for mine.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts