MP-Pistol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

I believe the sear deactivation switches are down in both pictures. I think the sear switch in the .40 S&W (left gun, first pic, right in second pic) is a newer design as my .45FS has that type and was produced in late 2009 while the on .45 (the right gun in first pic, left in second) is the older design, such as the ones shown in the safety/instruction manual. The only thing I am not totally sure of is if there are differences between the FS and Compact in the switch shapes/designs. If anyone else can provide a more certain explanation,

EDIT: Got off of the phone with S&W CS and spoke to him about the sear deactivation switch and the tech said that 1) they changed through production cycles, but didnt elaborate and 2) you have to practically snap it off for any problems to occur (I had a slight scare with mine going down but jamming and not going back up) Hope this info helps.

Brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe the sear deactivation switches are down in both pictures. I think the sear switch in the .40 S&W (left gun, first pic, right in second pic) is a newer design as my .45FS has that type and was produced in late 2009 while the on .45 (the right gun in first pic, left in second) is the older design, such as the ones shown in the safety/instruction manual. The only thing I am not totally sure of is if there are differences between the FS and Compact in the switch shapes/designs. If anyone else can provide a more certain explanation,

EDIT: Got off of the phone with S&W CS and spoke to him about the sear deactivation switch and the tech said that 1) they changed through production cycles, but didnt elaborate and 2) you have to practically snap it off for any problems to occur (I had a slight scare with mine going down but jamming and not going back up) Hope this info helps.

Brian
Nice pictures. Which do you like better .40 or .45.

Nice pictures. Which do you like better the .40 or .45?

·
Registered
56 Posts
nice gun, nice pics !

·
Site Staff
9,583 Posts
That's the stock sight on the CORE models, its raised to co witness with some of the red dots and also to work better with a suppressor, which often interferes with standard height sights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's the stock sight on the CORE models, its raised to co witness with some of the red dots and also to work better with a suppressor, which often interferes with standard height sights.
I was actually wondering about the red dot or trijicon or leupold. Not sure which one he has.

·
Site Staff
9,583 Posts
Would you use that on a carry gun? I have a M&P 40 full size.
Personally....I'm not hot on electronic sights on a carry gun. Even though batteries on some of these, including mine, are supposed to last up to 3 yrs when left on continuously, I'm not so hot on that. Keep in mind that some of the Red Dots, like the Trijikon, co witness with the iron sights on the CORE model, so even if the electronics failed, you have the irons for backup.

My Fast Fire 3 is a little taller and its difficult but not impossible to see the iron sights through it. I built a SHTF AR-15, just in case...it has a low power optical sight on it, no electronics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Streamlight Laser/Flashlight

Hi

I am new to this forum and was wondering if someone could tell me where I can find IWB holster for a full size M&P 9mm with Streamlight Laser/Flashlight mounted under the barrel.

I have attached a picture that shows a typical mount

Thanks in advance
mdenslow

Attachments

41 - 60 of 65 Posts