MP-Pistol Forum banner

Detailed pics

69K views 65 replies 43 participants last post by  papajohn428 
#1 ·
Can we get some detailed pics of the internals of the slide and frame, just for comparo purposes?

Anyone?

#28 ·
I bought mine from Dattilio's Guns & Tackle, I think I payed $505 for the 45. I managed to pick up my 40c for $465 but he already had that on hand. Jim can order you whatever you want (as long as he can find it though his distributors) and his prices always seem very fair to me, especially given the local competition. Generally you'll get hit for $15-$20 shipping if it's a custom order.

#29 ·
Thanks for the reply, Jim. That total price would be just about what Bud's is charging, so their prices are definitely comparable. When I purchased my MP9 through Bud's a different local dealer who I used for the transfer asked why I didn't just purchase it from them.

I said, "$399." They said, "Understood."

I was wondering if I'd have the same experience with the MP45. When I'm ready (I'm close!) I'll give Datillio's a ring, sounds like they've got some good prices.

#36 ·
zenner22 said:
Thanks for the reply, Jim. That total price would be just about what Bud's is charging, so their prices are definitely comparable. When I purchased my MP9 through Bud's a different local dealer who I used for the transfer asked why I didn't just purchase it from them.

I said, "$399." They said, "Understood."

I was wondering if I'd have the same experience with the MP45. When I'm ready (I'm close!) I'll give Datillio's a ring, sounds like they've got some good prices.

Forget Datillo's - get a hold of me I will take care of you - that goes for you to Jim I will beat his pricing no problem ... I live in Fairfax -

#42 ·
#44 ·

I believe the sear deactivation switches are down in both pictures. I think the sear switch in the .40 S&W (left gun, first pic, right in second pic) is a newer design as my .45FS has that type and was produced in late 2009 while the on .45 (the right gun in first pic, left in second) is the older design, such as the ones shown in the safety/instruction manual. The only thing I am not totally sure of is if there are differences between the FS and Compact in the switch shapes/designs. If anyone else can provide a more certain explanation,

EDIT: Got off of the phone with S&W CS and spoke to him about the sear deactivation switch and the tech said that 1) they changed through production cycles, but didnt elaborate and 2) you have to practically snap it off for any problems to occur (I had a slight scare with mine going down but jamming and not going back up) Hope this info helps.

Brian

#46 ·
I believe the sear deactivation switches are down in both pictures. I think the sear switch in the .40 S&W (left gun, first pic, right in second pic) is a newer design as my .45FS has that type and was produced in late 2009 while the on .45 (the right gun in first pic, left in second) is the older design, such as the ones shown in the safety/instruction manual. The only thing I am not totally sure of is if there are differences between the FS and Compact in the switch shapes/designs. If anyone else can provide a more certain explanation,

EDIT: Got off of the phone with S&W CS and spoke to him about the sear deactivation switch and the tech said that 1) they changed through production cycles, but didnt elaborate and 2) you have to practically snap it off for any problems to occur (I had a slight scare with mine going down but jamming and not going back up) Hope this info helps.

Brian
Nice pictures. Which do you like better .40 or .45.

Nice pictures. Which do you like better the .40 or .45?

#52 ·
That's the stock sight on the CORE models, its raised to co witness with some of the red dots and also to work better with a suppressor, which often interferes with standard height sights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.