MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
This is sad moment to us all, what is wrong with our youth!?

Divorce, lack of parental involvement, missing fathers, drugs, video games and it's violence, TV and movies, loss of religion,....

·
Registered
660 Posts
It is sad days we live in...children taking the lives of other children. I don't know why children have been killing each other the last 15 years or so. I really wish someone would perform some study and find out what is causing this.

·
Registered
501 Posts
coltman1985 said:

Divorce, lack of parental involvement, missing fathers, drugs, video games and it's violence, TV and movies, loss of religion,....

You forgot the internet, u-tube, etc.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Fire1 said:
It is sad days we live in...children taking the lives of other children. I don't know why children have been killing each other the last 15 years or so. I really wish someone would perform some study and find out what is causing this.

Actually rates of violence are down. Rates of ratings starved 24-7-365 news programming blowing crap all out of proportion is up.

That's not to say kids don't have a very strange perspective on violence. It's not real to them, and they have no sense of proportion. Seriously, between movies and zero tolerance crap, a kid today thinks the good old mark one punch in the face will lay a man out, not even slow you down, and ruin your life as you know it. It is very surreal. Since it is surreal, they have very little grasp on the real consequences of violence and the relative impact of violent acts.

Over the last 50 years, the odds of a kid going hunting, slaughtering their own dinner, getting in a fist fight that isn't escalated into some farcical legal issue, attending the funerals of a family member before they are a teenager, etc are much lower. Even just going shooting and having it drummed into them how dangerous dangerous is, and how to have respect for lethal force without experiencing the consequences.

As for killign sprees, they have been going on forever at rates pretty much proportional with population density (i.e. absolute frequency is up, but not the per cpaita frequency). The real difference is that it makes the news from pole to pole rather than being ocntained to the community it actually affects, which was the old formula. You are experiencing the effect of a modern connected society. Someday soon we will have to sort out the bit about not being bothered with information that is really pointelss to us when you get right down to it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sad, very sad. Condolences to the families involved.

Not sure though, that you can call an 18yo a kid who didnt understand the consequences of his actions. Obviously, his elevator didnt go to the roof, but by that age people generally understand the consequences of their actions. Would be interesting to know if he has a history of violence either in public or at home, although getting an honest review from peers and family will be next to impossible. I find it incredible that he simply woke up one day and turned from a nice little boy into a sociopath.

Spend quality time with your kids guys and gals so that you can know them as well as possible. Also as an FYI, quality time does not include dropping them off each day at some extra curricular activity.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
What a shame it scares me having a child and bringing her up into this disgusting place that society has turned it in
I am really scared for my kids grandkids

·
Registered
150 Posts
Back in my day, you stood toe to toe with someone who wronged you, and you slugged it out. Now, kids criticize, bash, and lie about each other in anonymity. The internet and cell phones,and instant messaging , the lack of parental involvement, is the reason they seem not to know the difference between right and wrong. I have a thirteen year old and an 10 year old. You can bet i am a dinosaur parent, who raises mine in fear. That's the way my folk's did it. I have 5 siblings, none are drug addicted, none have ever been arrested, and none are dead. And. mine won't be either. It's high time parents learn the difference between "enabling" and "empowering". If you are not actively involved in every aspect of your child's life, you are seriously dropping the ball. And it will be the rest of us and our kid's who will pay the price for your "convenient" form of parenting skills.

Just my .2 cents.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We're being programmed for propensity for violence at worst and desensitized to violence at best. Check out Lieutenant Grossman's work ON KILLING. It's a good study. Look at our media; look at our culture. Neither is a celebration of life... I've often called our culture a "Culture of Death". Many will be offended at the very thought of it but so be it. No Christian symbology allowed in public; no spirituality in society as a whole. And then we're surprised at razor blades in candies when we're celebrating Halloween... :roll: Ah, post-modern America.

Look to serotonin suppressant drugs like Ritalin, Zuvox, etc. which are being forced on 'uncooperative', bored or "hyper" kids whose diets consist of chemical-laden simple sugars and God only knows what else.

The remainder of the decade should be a real doozie. See if you can "hang around" to experience Hell on Earth.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Crime may be down overall but I think among kids its definately up...look at how many kids hunted for their families food in the pre WWII era. Heck, some kids in the sticks took their guns to school to go hunting afterwards. So how many decided to shoot the other kids in school...none that I've found. These kids were crack shots of the day...their families dinner depended on what they would bring home. What has changed besides society and our moral fiber. As I've said before I wish our forefathers could be here and just smack the piss outta us.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Fire1 said:
Crime may be down overall but I think among kids its definately up..

Nope, not unless the stats gatherers are cooking the books, and with all the "for the children" BS legislation, that would likely go the other way.

Wiolent crime against minors peaked in 1994. Current rates ar about half what they were in 1973, and a little more than 1/3 what they were in 1994.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/tables/vagetab.htm

Overall, violent crime rates (only have numbers from 87-06) peaked in 1991. We are currently on a slight uptick since 2004.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_01.html

Expect the violent crime rate to have a nice uptick soon though. The economy is slowing, so between the housing market and unemployment, lots of stress and money issues, we are also going to be bringing plenty of soldiers back home sometime fairly soon who aren't right in the head anymore just like after every war except this time we have a lot more pressure induced brian injuries as well as the general psychological issues to overcome. On top of that the money issues will hit the government in decreased tax revenue, and that means likely dumping more prisoners on the street.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Raz-0 is correct... the news only really ever puts on the stuff that, as Bush says, SHOCKS AND AWES!

Here is a good read: http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articl.../2/181622.shtml

They've done a lot of good research on the modern drug industry and the links to violent crime... why? The more bad stuff (stuff that your body wouldn't normally make and/or forcing excessive amounts of stuff that your body makes) in your body, the more likely you are to be unable to handle what is in front of you.

There is also good research on comparing violent criminals and IQs... the higher the IQ, the less likely they are to commit violent acts, do drugs, have unplanned pregnancies, and tend to have better over all psychological health. So... maybe this is a very sad and disturbing way to weed out the stupid ones... or else the world will turn into the one portrayed in Idiocracy.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Paul warned timothy about 2000 years ago and this is what he said:

2Ti 3:1 This know also,that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters,proud, blasphemers,disobedient to parents,unthankful,unholy,

2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection,trucebreakers,false accusers,incontinent,fierce,despisers of those that are good,

2Ti 3:4 Traitors,heady,highminded,lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

No surprises...it's all anticipation my friend :wink:

by the way celfons coming from your country quite expensive down here in my region

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't think it helps that the media makes damn sure that they make national news when they shoot up their school and that any and all tapes or letters they made before get onto the national news as well. That way even if they die in the shooting they still get the last word in. I know the tension at my university was so thick you could cut it with a knife after Virginia Tech, everybody was worried that someone with problems was going to take a cue from the attention that Cho got.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Blasteroid said:
18 years old man shot eight people at highschool. He use 22.cal pistol and he made video before he made attack. The principal of highschool was killed.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/1...html#cnnSTCText

Kids these days are all spoiled. We can't even discipline our kids without the authorities gettting involved these days. And the kids know that too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts