MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trade or sell any S&W's to buy the Sig P365?

Curious as I liked shooting my friends P365 but I have too many Shields and M&P 9's full size and compact and I keep wanting to sell a couple to buy the P365 but I back out. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned 5 shields over the years. Wayyyyy back when they first came out and was with the stupid manual safety only.

Now I’m down to one 4 inch Performance Center M&P Shield with factory Red Dot.

But even with the most tricked out M&P Shield. I feel like my factory P365XL is an overall better carry gun and range gun.

It shoots flatter and holds 12 rounds in a flush magazine. Trigger is much nicer too, even compared to my Performance Center tunes trigger.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
S&W doesn't have the greatest triggers but the Shield 2.0 trigger is lightyears better than my 1.0. My friend took his standard P365 and put all the parts on a P365 XL grip module so he gets that 12+1 in a flat mag and the length is the same 5.8" but the height is 4.8" compared to the extend 12+1 mag in the standard P365 at 4.7" and you get that beaver tail

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
It shoots flatter
I know what "shoots flatter" means but what do you mean by it as it relates to a handgn designed for close range SD? Do you really notice bullet drop between say 5' and 15 yards?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have had two .45 shields and a 9mm for a while. Purchased a 365 almost a year ago. Did not sell anything, I seem to accumulate instead. Had used a S&W 380 bodyguard for carry previous to the 365. Now I trend to carry the bodyguard in warmer months and the 365 when it gets cooler, sweatshirt and coat weather. The 365, FOR ME, carries better than the shields. I roll the shields into the carry rotation now and again.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Son has a SIG 365 9mm, and it's fine, but I've never been temped to switch from my M&P45 2.0 Compact.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The only complaint I have about the 365 is that Nobody makes a trigger kit to fix the 365 trigger.
You have to send it to some guy called "Sig Armour" and after you pay his fee and shipping both ways you have spent almost as much as the gun cost originally (I paid $392.00 otd at gander outdoors last labor day).
I think both guns triggers are horrible. The shield is cheap enough to fix the trigger but is still a shield, many dimensions are the same or smaller on the 365 and mag capacity is much better on the 365.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Related to a couple things Super Trucker wrote:
- Robert Burke, The Sig Armorer, is in the Dallas-ish area and does excellent action enhancement work but not everyone wants to, or can, afford his services.
- Super Trucker, we don’t have any details about how you view the P365 trigger as horrible so I’ll take a shot and address two possible ways that it can be improved. Neither are revolutionary. If it’s gritty, careful polishing work in all key areas will do wonders. If the OEM curved trigger, it’s placement and overtravel are problematic, Grayguns makes an aftermarket flat trigger that includes an overtravel minimization screw. Its description also addresses finger placement, angle at break, etc.. You can read about it here. Grayguns P365ST Straight Trigger
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A little more.
- My wife has a P365 and loves it. It’s shape fits her hand much better than a Shield does. She replaced her Kahr P9 with it and hasn’t looked back. She’s also a Sig girl and loves her 1985 P229.
- I have a Shield 2.0, a M&P 2.0 Compact and a 5” M&P 2.0 for IDPA SSP. I am not I interested in switching from the Shield and 2.0 Compact to a P365 at this time. I am both a Sig and an M&P guy so brand preference is not it. My EDC 99% of the time is my 2.0 Compact. I carry the Shield when I want light, slim carry and/or don’t think I’ll need more rounds than the Shield and an extra mag provide. I also love the Shield for at home carry, meaning when I am in the house or yard only. Finally, if I was not already set up with all the mags, holsters, etc. for the three aforementioned S&W pistols, I’d strongly consider the P365 and probably buy it. Right now I am very happy with my S&W set up so I have no reason to change.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Related to a couple things Super Trucker wrote:
  • Robert Burke, The Sig Armorer, is in the Dallas-ish area and does excellent action enhancement work but not everyone wants to, or can, afford his services.
  • Super Trucker, we don’t have any details about how you view the P365 trigger as horrible so I’ll take a shot and address two possible ways that it can be improved. Neither are revolutionary. If it’s gritty, careful polishing work in all key areas will do wonders. If the OEM curved trigger, it’s placement and overtravel are problematic, Grayguns makes an aftermarket flat trigger that includes an overtravel minimization screw. Its description also addresses finger placement, angle at break, etc.. You can read about it here. Grayguns P365ST Straight Trigger
Hope that helps.
The trigger is gritty, has no discernible wall and the weight on a lyman scale ten pull average is 6# 12oz which is ridiculous.
A flat trigger fixes none of those, nor does having to place your finger in a different location on the trigger. This isn't my first gun, I have had a few different guys shoot it and the consensus is the trigger is horrible and that I should get rid of it.

The Sig armorer comes highly recommended but it will cost what I paid for the gun for him to fix it. That is also ridiculous ($250 +$140 shipping is within $10 of what I bought the gun for).
If there were a $150.00 like there is for so many other guns, that would solve the problem. Until then it will sit in the back of the safe with a horrible trigger.

Thank you for the suggestions though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
My friend took his standard P365 and put all the parts on a P365 XL grip module so he gets that 12+1 in a flat mag and the length is the same 5.8" but the height is 4.8" compared to the extend 12+1 mag in the standard P365 at 4.7" and you get that beaver tail
I did this too and not only does this allow the magazine to drop freely, without the side of your palm in the way, but it allows new mag insertion for the same reason.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Early production P365 models were plagued with intermittent complaints of "failure to go into battery and light primer strikes" causing Sig to suspend production / shipping. Sig updated the model with revisions to springs and resumed shipping in early 2018.

I purchased a Sig P365 in Jan 2019. since I have 1325 rounds thru it without a single issue using various quality factory ammunition. I did not find the trigger problematic. Just for fun installed a GrayGuns flat trigger several hundred rounds ago. It is very accurate with good factory sights. I have a number of holster options I like especially Safariland ALS level 1, but typically front pocket carry using an Elite Survival holster which works really well. Lots of magazine options. It is quite comparable to other small pistols in the inventory and similar in footprint to P230 / P224 . I have more than 20 sig pistols to compare it with none are striker fired except the P250/P320.

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.
IMG_3045 copy.JPG
Sig P365 Magazine OptionsIMG_4972 copy.jpg
IMG_5474.jpg
IMG_5475.jpg
Sig P365 Survival HolsterIMG_5181 copy 2.jpg
IMG_1230 copy.JPG
Sig P365 v. P320X-VTAC IMG_4746 copy.jpg
Sig P365 v. P230 v. P224IMG_4753 copy.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trade or sell any S&W's to buy the Sig P365?

Curious as I liked shooting my friends P365 but I have too many Shields and M&P 9's full size and compact and I keep wanting to sell a couple to buy the P365 but I back out. :D
I have only seen the P365 and P365XL..... I really like my Shield 1.0 to much to make a trade for one.... my other pistol is a P229 :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I traded in my M&P9c and got the p365. Now after a year I sold the p365 and got another shield. This time I got the 2.0 with night sights from the factory. But I also have the full size 9 and the compact 2.0 9 mm with the 4" barrel. I still have the 1.0 shield but I am selling it also. IMHO the p365 is way over rated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nope, I don't have the money to replace a solid working gun with the latest trend. I didn't go for a Springfield Hellcat when they were flying off the shelf either. I'd sooner invest in a trigger kit or sights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Early production P365 models were plagued with intermittent complaints of "failure to go into battery and light primer strikes" causing Sig to suspend production / shipping. Sig updated the model with revisions to springs and resumed shipping in early 2018.

I purchased a Sig P365 in Jan 2019. since I have 1325 rounds thru it without a single issue using various quality factory ammunition. I did not find the trigger problematic. Just for fun installed a GrayGuns flat trigger several hundred rounds ago. It is very accurate with good factory sights. I have a number of holster options I like especially Safariland ALS level 1, but typically front pocket carry using an Elite Survival holster which works really well. Lots of magazine options. It is quite comparable to other small pistols in the inventory and similar in footprint to P230 / P224 . I have more than 20 sig pistols to compare it with none are striker fired except the P250/P320.

Caution: Pseudo-science and / or amateur photos may be embedded in this post.
View attachment 17274 View attachment 17275 View attachment 17276 View attachment 17277 View attachment 17278 View attachment 17279 View attachment 17280 View attachment 17281
Something is wrong with the slide on the LCP.
The trigger is fine on my P365.
It is hard for me to condemn a particular gun because somebody had a bad one.
I had a defective car once, but I just got it fixed and moved on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts