MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another great day at the range, with one exception. The M&P 15rd .40 mags. I found these mags incredibly difficult to load and physically impossible to load to full capacity.

Does anyone know of anything I can do?

Any aftermarket mags for this gun? I doubt it, due to its single stack type top.

·
Registered
377 Posts
What Jester said. I just got two mags and the HKS 940 loader today and was playing around with them. It works very well. And I don't even have the gun yet!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
They are tight at first. Load them to full capacity and leave them loaded for a few weeks. That will loosen them up some.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think YukonGlocker is right. That is if the M&P experience tracks the Glock experience. Leaving them loaded for just a few days might do the trick. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TRUE

I left them loaded for 5-6 days and it made a huge difference. With my Kimber mags it takes weeks. I'm to impatient for that, so I by aftermarket.

·
Registered
107 Posts
After reading how Jesters mag extensions feed ok and worked to the last round. I cut off 1 turn of the spring. Makes loading normal, You can actually get #15 in by hand. Always feeds the last round. Slide always locks back. Full mag seats in with the slide forward, without using extra force to shove it home. Also, I leave 15 rounds in my mags all the time. And mine don't rattle with the shims in them. I'll post when the springs won't feed the last round, but I don't look for it any time soon. I'll be getting spare springs to have if they do get weak.

Happy Shooting

·
Registered
524 Posts
I dunno what you guys are talking about...... seriously my two mags are not bad at all to fill to capacity.

Maybe its your technique for loading? Really I can't think of how you could have a problem loading them to capacity. I'm not a bear of a guy either....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts